Marzocchi z150

G

I rekon if your want 6 get sherman slider dcs single crowns just dont look right with super song travel IMO

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think anything would take a beeting from a 9 foot nose dive, so im not taking that as a judgment on the quality of the fork.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I with shmity on this 1 even a dc would have got a bit of leathal punishment if u nose dived a 9ft drop as for that z 150 the wait of that thing u may aswell get a dc.

S.

ex offender
I have to ask why you'd want a 6" SC fork when you can get a DC that is roughly the same weight and price...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Horses for courses. If you want to do big drops and gaps get a DC. If you want something a little more versatile for DJs and street and trailriding then go SC. Having said that, who wants 6" of travel fot DJing or street? On the trail it may be an advantage but unless you're sure that your 5" fork isn't giving you enough squish would it really be worth it?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think in their current status, 6" single crown forks have the perception of being a very small market audiance. But thats because lots of people who buy big bikes think they need them, when a shorter travel bike with one of those forks would suit them to a T. But i think in the next few years, if the long travel SC fork doens't die out, well be seeing a whole new generation of DH racers on sc crown forks.....ah the days of the Judy dh.

S.

ex offender
oz-freerider said:
so u dont have a reduced turning cicle and so u dont bash your knees and so u can also do xups :p and bar spins :p
In my experience, anything that requires 6" of travel doesn't tend to need a full 180deg turning circle or the ability to barspin or x-up... and as far as hitting your knees on the crowns, stop being an unco - I've hit my knees on my upper crowns once... ever.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dont forget the number of chains this boy has broken steve, one snapped chain at full tilt would smack your knee someting shocking into the top crown.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
shmity said:
Dont forget the number of chains this boy has broken steve, one snapped chain at full tilt would smack your knee someting shocking into the top crown.
if there's no top crown, ya just gonna hit your bar or stem anyway...

i reckon a 6" slider DC would be rad on the FRM, perfect match if you ask me...

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
So what's everyone's opinion of the new Manitou Sherman Breakout Plus w/ 7 inches of travel...

Despite it being 1.5", it's still a SC!