International Masters age groups

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
Can anyone, Tim?, tell me how the UCI age group categories are calculated?

It's now 2014, if I turn 55 in June 2014 would I compete in the 50-54 or the 55-60 age group at the world masters championships in September 2014?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

akashra

Eats Squid
Can anyone, Tim?, tell me how the UCI age group categories are calculated?

It's now 2014, if I turn 55 in June 2014 would I compete in the 50-54 or the 55-60 age group at the world masters championships in September 2014?

It's your age as of December 31 on the year of those championships.
Masters 6 (55-60) would be where you get to race, whether you turned 55 in January, June or December 2014.

Edit: By the way, good work deciding to give this a crack!

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
Thanks Tim and alchemist, a very long way from making any call, but that's another piece in the puzzle resolved

Last edited:

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
Tim, a couple of other questions you may know the answers to: is there any qualification process for the Masters championships? How do they determine the callup order at the start of the race?

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A little off topic I guess but along the same theme...

Can someone tell me why Masters age group in road is 30+, Vets is generally 40+ but in Mountain Bike or atleast the MTBA has it the other way around?

As far as I can tell the UCI age cats are

U19
U23
Elite
Masters (30+ if chosen by rider)

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Can someone tell me why Masters age group in road is 30+, Vets is generally 40+ but in Mountain Bike or atleast the MTBA has it the other way around?
Why? Some times things just are. Vets vs master is all over the place in different sports

In road they use numbers so

Masters 1 = 30-34
Masters 2 = 35-39
Masters 3 = 40-44
and so on.

So
Masters 1-2 = Vets
Masters 3-4 = Masters
Masters 5-6 = Super Masters
Masters 7-8 = Grand Masters