Mavic Road Shoes

taibo

Eats Squid
Does anyone know where in Sydney I can buy Mavic road shoes?
Ive tried City Bike Depot but they dont have my size and the importer says they are a month away :(

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Run Sidis. Mavic shoes may be light, but they're not particularly comfortable and the sole is too thin for small pedals (keos, speedplays, etc).

taibo

Eats Squid
ended up gettting these

they were a much better fit and i didnt need the wide fit shoe. i found that the 43.5 was perfect! Cant wait to put them to use now!

thanks for the suggestion Dave!

mtb1611

Seymour
So much hotter than mavic. But a little generic!
Oh FFS, who gives a damn if they're generic?! Why do people insist on making such comments? Is it in an effort to burst the bubble of someone who's proud of a new purchase?

Great looking GENERIC shoes Taibo, I hope you enjoy them; although enjoyment is a stereotypically generic concept, is it not? :rolleyes:

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You made the right call, Sidi's are the goods. You'll have them for many a year to come.

taibo

Eats Squid
thanks for the comments guys! went for my first short ride with them on the new roadie tonight! Smiles all round :D

ducan

Likes Dirt
Out of interest did whatever shop you buy them from charge you to try them on ?

I heard they are doing that now because of everyone coming in and trying them on just too buy them off the internet.. is that the case ?

taibo

Eats Squid
I'd be interested in the same details re: price & purchase location. Thanks

Out of interest did whatever shop you buy them from charge you to try them on ?

I heard they are doing that now because of everyone coming in and trying them on just too buy them off the internet.. is that the case ?
KOM charged me $20 to try them on. Turramurra Cycles charge you ZILCH.

I only bought from KOM because they had my size otherwise my money would of went to Turramurra Cycles for their excellent service. Shame they didnt have my size.

HAKS

Likes Bikes
surely they would deduct the $20 from the purchase if you went thru with it. Would wanna be some bloody good service you get when you try it on. Did they tighten the buckle for you :p. Still I'd be straight out the door if asked to pay to try a shoe on.

Maybe the distributor should be more competitive with prices and thus wouldn't find themselves losing sales to overseas internet stores.

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
$20 to try shoes on:eek:

The answer to that is 'get farked'.

Competition is competition is competition, if you can't compete then get out of the game. In no other retail sector would this kind of thing fly. I think that such a situation as we have now should serve as a warning to local distributors to man up and get efficient.

Generally, if I can get something cheaper online, I will. This applies to bike bits as well as other things. However, if I go into a shop, and get good advice, good service and what not, I am more than glad to spend the extra 5-10%.

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is immoral to try shoes on in a shop with the intention of buying them online. The risk that you take buying them online is that they will not fit. Simple.

At the same time, $20 to try them on changes the situation. You pay for the service so you can buy them elsewhere. I would not feel bad about buying online if the shop charged for the fitting. So if this is a ploy by the distributer, they are shooting themselves in the foot. The shops can rent out their Sidi's in the mean time.