maxxis high rollers?

john rea

Likes Bikes
Wat do you guys think about the maxxis high roller tyres?are they the best out there in 2.7 ive heard they are.are there any others that you think are better?,how much do they cost?and do they come in 24 inch size :?:

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as a matter of fact they are the only fatty 24" tyre maxxis make. 24"x2.7"

as far as the best tire out there, that is entirely dependent on conditions. I have to say the soft compound offerings of maxxis (supa tacky/slow reezay) are very good, michelin are excellent too.

G

i love my highrollers but it might be different for your situation

john rea

Likes Bikes
thanks fellas for the adivce,how much did u pay?the ridin i do is round red hill and oxford falls its just dusty and sandstone rock so i think the tackyness would be good.

Benj

Likes Dirt
I've got the 24*2.7.which I run on the rear
I like it
it's pretty good for grip
I've the harder compound but they were still wearing pretty quick on the tarmac (because there are so few knobs) so I only use them for DH etc

the knob spacings look good for mud clearing but they don't clear half as well as my duro wildlifes-It's probly cos I don't go fast enough!

j-ro

Likes Dirt
I just replaced very expensive Intense tires at both 2.6 2.8 and 3.0 inch combinations and Duro tires with highroller 24X2.7

best thing ive ever done on the rig. a whoel new bike.

chandler_mate

Likes Dirt
you can get soft compounds in 24"
2.7's are really fat though and especially in the soft compounds dont roll very fast
2.5 rolls a lot faster

S.

ex offender
chandler_mate said:
2.7's are really fat though and especially in the soft compounds dont roll very fast
2.5 rolls a lot faster
I really doubt that the soft compound is going to make a noticeable difference to how a bike rolls...

j-ro

Likes Dirt
The 2.7 and the 2.5 are seriously negligable difference in rolling resistance, the only major difference is in spinning weight.

Plus rolling resistance is majoritivly friction, and friction is independant of surface area.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
chandler_mate said:
2.5 rolls a lot faster
I really doubt that the soft compound is going to make a noticeable difference to how a bike rolls...
the slow reezay are supposed to be noticeable on the rear, though in intended application i doubt it would mean jack diddley shit-all.