Maxxis Minions cheap or not

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Site looks a bit dodgey. I think $70 for a pair is ok for a crap tyre. Personally I'd rather spend the money and get something decent like Specialized Butchers or Chunders. Just my personal opinion.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Site looks a bit dodgey. I think $70 for a pair is ok for a crap tyre. Personally I'd rather spend the money and get something decent like Specialized Butchers or Chunders. Just my personal opinion.
wouldn't go as far as saying they are crap tyres, they have got to be the most popular tyre around and have been for a while... a lot of people swear by them. personally i would play it safe and relatively cheap, $35 a tyre is cheap by the way and get the minions.

T-Rex

Template denier
A lot of people win races on them. And that's not my personal opinion, that's a fact.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lots of people win races driving Fords, doesn't make them a good car. Just cause something is popular doesn't make it the best. Yes minions were at the top for a long time but not so anymore. I think specialized tyres have something pretty special going on right now. Out of the Maxxis, Kendas, WTB and Specialized are by far the best I've ridden. Again that's just my opinion.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lots of people win races driving Fords, doesn't make them a good car. Just cause something is popular doesn't make it the best. Yes minions were at the top for a long time but not so anymore. I think specialized tyres have something pretty special going on right now. Out of the Maxxis, Kendas, WTB and Specialized are by far the best I've ridden. Again that's just my opinion.
Who said fords aren't good cars? Some of the best cars ever made are fords. If something is popular, it's popular for a reason!

$70 for a pair of minions is cheap. Not OMG cheap, but less then usual. I love minions and whilst they might not be everyone's cup of tea, there are good tyres, regardless of what you like.

that's just my opinion.
Obviously....

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Each to their own I guess. If you like minions it's not a bad deal. If I saw specialized tyres that cheap I'd buy them in a heartbeat

downhill2026

Likes Dirt
^all round negative guy

id say downhill distributions have found a loop hole in the system here, such good pricey, im keen,
i know the guy running it, dont worry they are genuine dual ply minions, aswell as many other fine products.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes it does. Something becomes popular for a good reason and for most things it is because they are the best option, now you are just kidding with yourself mate.