mega avalanche 2010

steel-o

Likes Dirt
Hi a looking for entrants to mega avalanche 2010. I am entered but need to get my insurance sorted out does anyone else have insurance sorted? I am trying to organise with tony scott mtba to get a insurance for the race but we i need a group of more than one.

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
Just out of curiosity, how much is it going to cost you to race...are you doing the whole series or alps deu ez only. Have often thought about going over for the experience never really looked into the No.s though so if you'd like to share the individual costs like flights, accomodation, race fees, spending money, etc ..that would be great....I'd really like to know the associated costs. Good luck over there.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
We did it a few years ago, great fun. One of the best races I've ever done.

We tied it in with a few weeks of riding in the alps and got off pretty lightly.

I would stay 3 days either side of the event (Wednesday to Wednesday would be ideal, then you have time to ride the other tracks afterwards).

A 6" bike would be ideal for the race itself (maybe a Reign/Remedy/Nomad with 160mm forks and big brakes)... BUT, for the rest of the riding holiday, a DH bike will be a lot more fun, especially if you head to le Portes du Soleil. It's a good idea to take spares, as conditions are brutal and spare parts are expensive.

We organised race insurance through the Megavelanche organisers (Active MTB maybe? can't remember), although I had my own travel insurance through flight centre.

PM me for more info, otherwise I wrote a piece in AMB a few years back about it.

steel-o

Likes Dirt
thanks for info

hi thanks for info i've found info on race specific insurance once i get there so my normal insurnace will be o.k if i top up once i get there.

I'm taking a bolletrocket with lyric 160mm up front and have some new saints to go on it too with 203mm rotors hopefully should do the trick.

taking space rear mech, front ring, chain, chain device bits and pedals, seat, bars, grip and brakes last year my friend broke the crown in his 66 after massice crash so was devestated he could not ride the event.