Melbourne club with social riding focus?

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Have previously posted this question in the Noob section but have not been able garner much of a response, so thought maybe I'd try here...

I've back riding MTB for the past year. And I'm thinking about joining a local club and keen to hear people's recommendations as a good match for my riding interests. I'm looking for a club with a social riding focus. At the moment I'm interested in trail riding, some multi-day rides and the occasional race. And I'm in the northern suburbs.

The clubs that I've been able to find are:
Fat Tyre Flyers
Full Gas Peddlers
Dirt Riders

Suggestions? thanks :)

will20b

Squid
Melbourne Club

Hey mate,

So long as you have a MTBA license you can ride in any event you like. You will find differnt clubs run differnt events. The Lysterfield District Trail Riders (LDTR) have a really good social scene with the guys usually getting out a few times a week for a social ride. Quite a few of the regulars also dabble in racing so there will always be a familiar face at the races. Maybe have a look at their forum http://www.lysterfieldmtb.com/forum/

Cheers.

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Thanks for your reply Will,

Lysterfield is probably a bit far away to be convenient for me but thanks for the heads up all the same.

cheers
Danny B

digbyj

Scooteria
Mate, I was emailing Duncan at FTF recently and seemed like a top bloke, was thinking about joining
up once I'm ready to do some events so I get a licence, so yeah thought I'd give my 2c that he was a good bloke from my contacts with him! There's info in their website about upcoming events which
looks like a couple of social rides and the Granite Grind.
I've been looking for some kind of local regular event to ride but can't find anything really.

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Mate, I was emailing Duncan at FTF recently and seemed like a top bloke, was thinking about joining
up once I'm ready to do some events so I get a licence, so yeah thought I'd give my 2c that he was a good bloke from my contacts with him! There's info in their website about upcoming events which
I've been looking for some kind of local regular event to ride but can't find anything really.
I think that My Mountain does a shop ride on either tuesday or wednesday evenings, that heads past Pipe Bridge Fairfeild at 6.30pm. Could be worth checking out.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can confirm that Duncan is a top bloke. Just don't tell him I said that.