Melbourne Metro LBS with Formula brake spares???

gregp

Likes Dirt
I need to track down a spare pad retaining screw for my 2012 Formula R1 brakes. Need it before Easter. Tried a couple of LBSs in Melb CBD, they don't do Formula. Does anyone know a store in Melb Metro area that carries Formula spare parts?

Like the one in the pic, except I want the standard stainless steel. These fancy alloy ones are softer than butter.

unnamed.jpg

sedifus

Likes Dirt
I know I have replaced missing avid screws with split pins. And I've seen one with a bent paper clip.
If it doesn't have to be a bolt any hardware store will have a pin

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

teK--

Eats Squid
Use a generic split pin. Or a zip tie like I had to do once when a mate lost the pin off his brakes mid ride

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Try contacting Krischan at eightyonespices and he may be able to express post it to you....
They are the (much better) Aussie formula distributor.

Website in my sig

gregp

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys. Talked to Krischan from 81spices. The screw is out of stock but he'll pull one off one of his bikes and overnight it to me. Great support.

Wouldn't the zip tie melt on a hot caliper?

Sent from my Blur TRc using Tapatalk

teK--

Eats Squid
Thanks guys. Talked to Krischan from 81spices. The screw is out of stock but he'll pull one off one of his bikes and overnight it to me. Great support.

Wouldn't the zip tie melt on a hot caliper?

Sent from my Blur TRc using Tapatalk
Zip ties are very resilient!

It lasted for the whole day including the DH trails at Mt Buller and after I took it off to replace with a proper pin it hardly had a mark on it.

hairy1

Likes Bikes
I've been using a zip tie on my rear formula (oro bianco) caliper for a couple of years, works great.