Melbourne Riders, Who can show me around?

Ryan Hotdog

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Basically I Moved to melbourne in march for uni but have only just got my act together about riding!

Anyway I've been lucky enough to get a hardtail in the last couple months and give Jumping/street a crack coz my downhill bike is still home in adeliade. I was wondering if there are any people out there who might be willing to show round the skateparks and dirt jumps. Im living at Uni in parkville/carlton area if that helps. Any help is much appreciated in advance, looking forward to hitting the dirt soon.

Peace, Ryan.

omac

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Basically I Moved to melbourne in march for uni but have only just got my act together about riding!

Anyway I've been lucky enough to get a hardtail in the last couple months and give Jumping/street a crack coz my downhill bike is still home in adeliade. I was wondering if there are any people out there who might be willing to show round the skateparks and dirt jumps. Im living at Uni in parkville/carlton area if that helps. Any help is much appreciated in advance, looking forward to hitting the dirt soon.

Peace, Ryan.
G,day ryan iv got somewere for ya but its not a sk8park.I made a big mistake many years ago bragging about a secret track of mine.....check out the mornington(eatons cutting)thread.there should b something there 4 u.1 more won,t hurt.

Last edited:

fukachu

Likes Bikes
So I'd assume if you are listing your address as Parkville then you are staying at one of th uni colleges?

There is a lot of fun stuff about, but not much DH within the CBD.

However if you want a bit of xc action just to kep ft for the weekend trips I threw together a map of the Yarra trails, to access it from Parkville just shoot straight down the Johson St to the river, anyway link is here:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?h...489037671132947700.000450f08c30dcb150c27&z=13

I'm not much of a DJ guy but there is plenty of DH nearby to Melbourne check some of the other threads around here and google map it to get an idea of distance.

Ryan Hotdog

Likes Dirt
Thanks a lot for your help guys. DH isnt an option for me as my back will most definately be staying home in Radelaide. Ive got a norco 250 so i really just wanna hit some trails with people willing to show me about!

Thanks again.

And yeah Im at St Hildas College right at the top of the uni!