Merric and Rosso - The B Team

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wombat said:
By that criteria, I daresay Merrick and Rosso were maybe a bit hypocritical when they made the move to a commercial station, so maybe they did "sell out".
Maybe, I don't recall M&R slagging off commercial DJs when they were at JJJ but that's not to say it didn't happen.

One thing I do find amusing was how vitriolic Adam Spencer used to be at commercial radio, yet I saw him as the MC a few years back at an IBM software launch. (While he was at the Js) :rolleyes:

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That show was truly awful but then again, I thought they were crap on JJJ too...

But then there's Shaun Micallef - piss funny on the ABC, crap on commercial TV.

And let's have no more of this 'sold out' crap - in a capitalist society - you go where the money is.... It's economics baby...

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
phew!
i'm glad it's not just me, i'm so glad to hear that you all think that M&R's show was shite
i thought it was just me, being English, just not getting Aussie humour
it was pretty desparate though, so was their last show, not as crap as Rove though......

you may have to face it guys, you may be good at sport (not mentioning The Ashes, Rugby World cup etc) but comedy isn't your thing

don't get me wrong, it's not all bad, spicks and specs is good, Kath & Kim is a classic worthy of a world audience but MUCH funnier if you have spent time is this great brown land, JJJ is consistantly a good station, there must be others....

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
MrCove said:
you may have to face it guys, you may be good at sport (not mentioning The Ashes, Rugby World cup etc) but comedy isn't your thing
Come on, we beat the yanks surely...........

Oh and 'The Castle', to me that will always be gold!

wombat

Lives in a hole
cam-o said:
Come on, we beat the yanks surely....
Is there anything more horrifying than the American remakes of Coupling and The Office?

"Here's an idea, lets take some great, subversive, black humour from England, then take away eveything that is subversive and black and replace it with slapstick and cheap jokes...we can even explain the jokes to the audience! That'll make great comedy!"

scblack

Leucocholic
wombat said:
Is there anything more horrifying than the American remakes of Coupling and The Office?

"Here's an idea, lets take some great, subversive, black humour from England, then take away eveything that is subversive and black and replace it with slapstick and cheap jokes...we can even explain the jokes to the audience! That'll make great comedy!"
....and it's gotta be PC........

MrPlow

TMBC
Christo said:
And let's have no more of this 'sold out' crap - in a capitalist society - you go where the money is.... It's economics baby...
No it's not. In my opinion 'Sold Out' is nothing to do with money.
Read Wombats post.

Kath and Kim? For real? I can't stand that show!
Glasshouse is good, as is some american crap, Southpark and Simpsons I admittidly enjoy.

But there is some great Aussie humour, the castle and other aussie movies.

wiggy69

Likes Dirt
some of there sketchs were good but I wanted to see when they did russel crowe. the dimitri clip ( you love siemen ) funny .but it wasnt as good as I thought it would be

josh_lives_here

Likes Dirt
i think most of the show was complete bullshit, they've just run out of funny shit to do.

but i thought that the parts when the dress up and go out into public are really funny, like "bret and craig" and "rosso crow" stuff like that.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
the castle, ahh the serenity....
you can do it sometimes, other times it seems like they are tyring too hard
i'm not a big glasshouse fan either, maybe it's the format, still it's better then Friends!!

i was thinking of writting a more true life version of Friends, calling it Lieing Back Stabbing Bastards, i reckon it would be a much better show!!

you are right about the americans though, except they do sometimes make something good, Bad Santa, Southpark (technically Canadian), Sienfeld
and they have had some cracking comediens, Denis Leary, Sam Kinison, John Belushi, Bill Hicks (sadly most of them are dead!)

however

their version of the office has to be seen to be belived, utter dross, as is most of their franchised comedy, Absolutely Fabulous became Cybil etc

Atomizer

Likes Dirt
wiggy69 said:
the chopper scene looked funny though I didnt see it
It was pretty funny and given the number of the times the word 'fuck' was uttered it was lucky to have made it to air on commercial TV... but it was a sketch on the show after Merric and Rosso I am pretty sure.

Merric and Rosso were plainly lame. I laughed once during the show..at a commercial.

Bets on how long The B Team lasts. I am calling 1 month.. max.