Met Parachute in Aus?

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
Hi Folks

Anyone know of Australian retailers that stock the Met Parachute?

Worth getting? Opinions? Looks light enough with the added protection. Can't be a bad thing?

Cheers

Alex Dlugosch

Likes Dirt
Umm. So I don't think you can get the original (M45) Parachute anywhere anymore. It hasn't been in production for a while. Met is releasing a new Parachute with monocoque construction next month or so, so just wait for that one to be available. Looks much better than the old one.

I happily used my original Parachute for nearly 2 years, but cracked the forehead bit on a silly crash recently. When I stomped on it and destroyed it, the chin piece was tough enough not to break, even though the EPS was all smashed up. I don't understand the arguments against the chin piece...any other helmet someone would be wearing instead of the Parachute doesn't have a chin piece at all. Anything is better than nothing. It saved my face a few times.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We have had a number of locals damage their faces lately pushing their enduro bikes. At our last round, quite a few more full faces were being worn. I am keen to get something light and open so I can breath. My D2 is too restrictive for the climbs and the long flatter stages.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
The new one looks promising..... Only prob is the honks and whistles you get on the pedal to and from the trail,,, hehe.

teK--

Eats Squid
We have had a number of locals damage their faces lately pushing their enduro bikes. At our last round, quite a few more full faces were being worn. I am keen to get something light and open so I can breath. My D2 is too restrictive for the climbs and the long flatter stages.
661 comp full face is super cheap and light and very well vented. no problem at all breathing in that.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any news if this new parachute is available in oz? Recent face plant has got me thinking of full face helmets and my downhill lid is too hot and heavy for AM use.

teK--

Eats Squid
Any news if this new parachute is available in oz? Recent face plant has got me thinking of full face helmets and my downhill lid is too hot and heavy for AM use.
It's not even available in North America yet so I imagine Australia would be lagging even further behind if we get it at all.

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
Insurance

If you go down the route of buying a helmet that doesn’t have the Australian standards tick sticker then you open the window for any insurance you have of not being paid out. We all know that insurance companies never look for a way to prevent them having to pay out a claim!

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you go down the route of buying a helmet that doesn’t have the Australian standards tick sticker then you open the window for any insurance you have of not being paid out. We all know that insurance companies never look for a way to prevent them having to pay out a claim!
I know there has been some drama recently with motorsport and road legality of helmets on motorcycles. People have been charged with not wearing appropriate helmet when stopped by police and there lid doesn't have AS1698 sticker. I would hope that sort of BS wouldn't apply to mtb's but I hear you and would prefer to buy a locally approved lid whether it would be an issue or not.

Guess I'll just have to wait.