Metal, Hardcore, Punk and everything inbetween

RCOH

Eats Squid
http://www.fallofefrafa.com/news/news.html

FALL OF EFRAFA (2005 - 2009) was a band based around a re-imagining of the mythological and political overtones in the book "Watership Down" by Richard Adams, focusing our efforts in forwarding atheist/animal rights ideologies. We wrote very long epic, heavy, melancholic music, taking influence from post rock, post metal, ambient black metal, hardcore, punk etc.'

bob_jane

Likes Dirt
Just reading through this thread and i saw someone mention "Carpathian" and i got excited that they were going to say "Carpathian Forrest"...ultimate let down. Well all i have seen in this thread is more metal/deathcore (the mentioned bands that i know of) and being a hater of those sub-genres im going to ask if anyone on here is into black metal or death metal?

On another note im going to see behemoth and goatwhore early next year, its going to be intense!!! but job for a cowboy is playing there so i hope they play last so that i can leave early. Anyone else going to behemoth/goatwhore???

RCOH

Eats Squid
they have merit but are defo on the downward scale gorilla biscuits member future projects.

Big fan of CIV, yot arne't bad. But GB are all time.

RCOH

Eats Squid
if anyone on here is into black metal or death metal?

. Anyone else going to behemoth/goatwhore???
Probably not but am going to catch Slaughterfest at the Sando this weekend:

20 bucks from midday onwards:

Slaughterfest:
Captain Cleanoff
Pod People
The Kill
Looking Glass
Ebolie
Mother Mars
Cuntscrape
Boonhorse
Brazen Bull
Summonus
Tumors
Buzzard
Granny Fist
Nothin' Suss
Ignite the Ibex

bob_jane

Likes Dirt
Probably not my cup of tea but for $20 you cant go wrong! I'd go just to see "Space Bong" best name ever!

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Space Bong are really, really good, despite the stupid name.

That Slaughterfest line up is awesome, but the Sando is a shit venue for a festival/all dayer.

milkybarkid

Likes Dirt
Amen.

Was anyone else in here dissapointed by No Time to Bleed? (Suicide Silences new CD)

Winds of Plagues new CD on the other hand...... :D:D Classic Struggle is <3
Yes, yes, yes. NTTB was a thorough disappointment IMO.

At the moment the Black Dahlia Murder and Salt the wound seem to be doing it for meee.

Jake_6693

Likes Dirt
^^^ WTF? haha

Another band in the hardcore scene that hasn't been mentioned yet is Underoath.
Aaron Gillespie is the drummer and backup singer for Underoath, but he has created another band called The Almost which is pretty similar to Underoath except Aaron is the lead singer.
He was hoping to follow in his idol Dave Grohl's footsteps. He stepped out from the drum kit to sing and show a more melodic side of himself.

The Almost are pretty sick is what I'm rambling about :)

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
WOW this thread has taken off nicely

Both really good bands.
Pathogen reminds me of older In Flames.
and i got Confessions new album a couple weeks ago Crafter really has developed his vocals since IKTPQ

Just reading through this thread and i saw someone mention "Carpathian" and i got excited that they were going to say "Carpathian Forrest"...ultimate let down. Well all i have seen in this thread is more metal/deathcore (the mentioned bands that i know of) and being a hater of those sub-genres im going to ask if anyone on here is into black metal or death metal?

On another note im going to see behemoth and goatwhore early next year, its going to be intense!!! but job for a cowboy is playing there so i hope they play last so that i can leave early. Anyone else going to behemoth/goatwhore???
mmmm death metal i love it. Im really liking Bloodbath at the moment and Nile.
Whats Goatwhore like thats an awesome name lol

Wimps and Posers, LEAVE THE HALL
Please explain

Yes please no more talk of Emocore i nearly cryed when someone mentioned it, mentioning that is like mentioning hardcore sex to a nun: it gets awkward quick.

Love Todd

bob_jane

Likes Dirt
"kozlik9" Finally a metalhead! and i guess "Joy" can join this exclusive club too just for telling the posers and wimps to leave.

Bloodbath, don't get me started on how much i love them!!! i have listened to "The Waken Carnage" way too much and it still hasn't gotten old! and Nile too!!!!! absolutely stoked for them in may i think it is! definatley going to see them. Have you heard "Whom The Gods Detest" yet? i haven't seen it in any shops yet.
And as for goatwhore i haven't heard they're music but they are blacked death metal so kinda like behemoth but not as awesome because Nergal isn't in the band.

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
I only have 1 album of nile and blood bath but for the last month i have listened to each of them like 8 times (Y) im loving it.
behemeth i not that much in to. I like to understand the lyrics. know what im saying lol.
For a long time i have loved Lamb Of God, Devildriver, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Cradle Of Filth (there later stuff) and In Flames. Its all just stuck with me were as other bands and genres i tend to go thru "phases" with but in those "phases" i will all ways listen to thoses bands (as well as others).

Anyone in here like Anthrax, Primal Fear, Mega Deth, Pantera.

Love Todd

P.S. dose anyone play in a band, i have always wanted to be in a band as a vocalist.

Last edited:

bob_jane

Likes Dirt
"I like to understand the lyrics. know what im saying lol." and you listen to nile!!! haha i joke. Yeah dark tranquillity are sick as! and a bit of pantera goes down allright too, RIP Dime for the other week, not too keen on megadeth or anthrax although saying that i love the starting riff to "washington is next" by megadeth, so catchy