Michael Schumacher returns to F1

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Be interesting to see all those years ago, what was really performing; car or driver?
Bring on the next race!

cleche name

Likes Bikes
it will be intresting to see how the car gose, as undoubtably with his experince he knows how to develop a car. but let not forget 05 and who took him down. ALONSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robb

Likes Dirt

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Schumacher had hoped to be granted special permission to test the F60 prior to his Spanish return, but Ferrari failed to obtain the required unanimous support of their rival teams. Nevertheless, the 40-year-old German insists he will be up to the job.
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/8/9722.html

I have to admit, that while I'm excited about his return, I'm a little scared of him with a kers button. Will be a very deadly and possibly painful (for the other drivers) combination.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I have to admit, that while I'm excited about his return, I'm a little scared of him with a kers button. Will be a very deadly and possibly painful (for the other drivers) combination.
Hah! Somewhere, Damon Hill is sitting there shaking, wondering just how far away from Valencia he is, and just how big a boost Michael can get from his button.

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Michael Schumacher is clearly taking preparations for his proposed race comeback pretty seriously. The Ferrari star has already lost three kilograms in body weight as he looks to be fit enough for the European Grand Prix on August 23.

Schumacher, who retired from Formula One competition at the end of 2006, will replace the injured Felipe Massa at Valencia, assuming his strength and stamina are considered up to the task. A final decision will be made nearer the time of the event.

“I'm currently in the midst of my preparations for the upcoming race,” Schumacher told fans on his official website. “I already lost three kilograms even if it is also important to me to build up muscles. So all in all, the practice works pretty well.”

With Ferrari still running KERS, Schumacher’s weight loss could prove significant, allowing him more set-up flexibility when the team come to adjust his car’s weight distribution. He used a factory simulator to get to grips with the current F60’s controls last week and then spent a day lapping the team’s Mugello circuit in a two-year-old F2007 running on GP2 slick tyres.

Having not tested an F1 car since April 2008, the seven-time champion confessed that his neck still needs some work: “I have to admit that my neck pinches a bit. We have to get a grip on that as health has priority - that's the clear arrangement made with Ferrari and, by the way, with my wife, too.”

Schumacher had hoped to be granted special permission to test the F60 prior to his Spanish return, but Ferrari failed to obtain the required unanimous support of their rival teams. Nevertheless, the 40-year-old German insists he will be up to the job.

“It's on!” he added. “I accepted the challenge. And as you all know, I really love challenges.”
Very interesting, Apparently the neck does take a lot of impact.

k_d

Likes Dirt
Yeah, heard it on the news tonight.
I was looking forward to him sticking it to everyone (except for webber!!). :(

Last edited: