Middle East situation

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I know I'm poking the Bear, but what difference do you think it will make calling the Israelis out. Everyone knows it's a shit show and it's pretty clear that the right wing nut jobs in charge in Israel don't care that everyone knows and are gnashing their teeth over it.

If by some miracle the US can stitch up a deal with Saudi Arabia and the other Arab states, Israel might listen, but short of that, I can't see anything changing their laser like focus on genocide.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am still surprised this catastrophe hasn't spilt out into neighbouring Arab states more than it has.

Peace keepers and direct intervention tion is required, but it won't happen. If it did I'm not even sure it would work. Historically it hasn't exactly been successful across Africa and a few parts of Europe.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I know I'm poking the Bear, but what difference do you think it will make calling the Israelis out. Everyone knows it's a shit show and it's pretty clear that the right wing nut jobs in charge in Israel don't care that everyone knows and are gnashing their teeth over it.

If by some miracle the US can stitch up a deal with Saudi Arabia and the other Arab states, Israel might listen, but short of that, I can't see anything changing their laser like focus on genocide.

I think it's very important that pro-israel journalists and other supporters - don't get cart blanche to control the narrative and silence dissent.
Even though many of us understand what israel is doing and are horrified by it, Israel and its supporters and cheerleaders still push the narrative that they are the 'good guys' and Palestinians are the filthy rabid sub human terrorists.
There was an article in The Age today about the Gaza/west bank conflict co-authored by Gilead Sher, former Chief of staff of (former) Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak.
Sher pumped the narrative of October 7, how 1200 people were 'barbarously murdered', preceded by how Israel's "right to self-defence" (ie Slaughter as many as possible in overwhelming airstrikes and bombings of civilian targets) " was not unreasonable, after 2 decades of Absorbing thousands of rockets".

What is not mentioned, is that many of those rockets were little better than fireworks, and there were usually minimal or no casualties, and minimal damage to Israeli held territories, whilst in return, the casualties inflicted on Palestinians have often been horrendous, and indeed Barbarous.

What Sher is also conspicuously silent about is the long and bloody history of killings, airstrikes, torture and imprisonment of adults and particularly children, for the most minor of "crimes" like throwing stones at a heavily armoured tank, writing anti-occupation graffiti and the like, or simply being palestinian at the wrong time and place, as well as the mass forced evictions and destruction of palestinian homes, government infrastructure, hospitals, olive groves, fields and livestock, and on and on.

He is also silent how many US senators and congressmen have been bought off by payments of 90-120K USD for supporting Weapons and money to Israel, and one also wonders if that has happened here in Australia, given our almost complete lack of transparency regarding Political Donations, and The Exports of Weapons made in Australia , to Israel.

So, the takeaway is that the narrative that the Israelis are the victims and the good guys - can and needs to be called out whenever and wherever it rears its ugly head.
it's not just calling out the mouthsharts of Bibi Netenyahu & his scary messianic "kill all the palestinian animals" Colonial settler allies, it's just as much or more about calling out the posts of the Pro-israel cheerleaders on social media.
"Israel's right to self defence" and "the holocaust" don't work as well as they used to in shutting down criticism, because more people realise that self defence doesn't justify overwhelming and indiscriminate retaliation, and the supreme horror and victimhood of the holocaust loses its magic shield status, because more people see what Israel is committing on the palestinians.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I think it's very important that pro-israel journalists and other supporters - don't get cart blanche to control the narrative and silence dissent.
Even though many of us understand what israel is doing and are horrified by it, Israel and its supporters and cheerleaders still push the narrative that they are the 'good guys' and Palestinians are the filthy rabid sub human terrorists.
There was an article in The Age today about the Gaza/west bank conflict co-authored by Gilead Sher, former Chief of staff of (former) Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak.
Sher pumped the narrative of October 7, how 1200 people were 'barbarously murdered', preceded by how Israel's "right to self-defence" (ie Slaughter as many as possible in overwhelming airstrikes and bombings of civilian targets) " was not unreasonable, after 2 decades of Absorbing thousands of rockets".

What is not mentioned, is that many of those rockets were little better than fireworks, and there were usually minimal or no casualties, and minimal damage to Israeli held territories, whilst in return, the casualties inflicted on Palestinians have often been horrendous, and indeed Barbarous.

What Sher is also conspicuously silent about is the long and bloody history of killings, airstrikes, torture and imprisonment of adults and particularly children, for the most minor of "crimes" like throwing stones at a heavily armoured tank, writing anti-occupation graffiti and the like, or simply being palestinian at the wrong time and place, as well as the mass forced evictions and destruction of palestinian homes, government infrastructure, hospitals, olive groves, fields and livestock, and on and on.

He is also silent how many US senators and congressmen have been bought off by payments of 90-120K USD for supporting Weapons and money to Israel, and one also wonders if that has happened here in Australia, given our almost complete lack of transparency regarding Political Donations, and The Exports of Weapons made in Australia , to Israel.

So, the takeaway is that the narrative that the Israelis are the victims and the good guys - can and needs to be called out whenever and wherever it rears its ugly head.
it's not just calling out the mouthsharts of Bibi Netenyahu & his scary messianic "kill all the palestinian animals" Colonial settler allies, it's just as much or more about calling out the posts of the Pro-israel cheerleaders on social media.
"Israel's right to self defence" and "the holocaust" don't work as well as they used to in shutting down criticism, because more people realise that self defence doesn't justify overwhelming and indiscriminate retaliation, and the supreme horror and victimhood of the holocaust loses its magic shield status, because more people see what Israel is committing on the palestinians.
Apparently there is a Russian word for bullshit that everyone knows is bullshit but needs to be said as some sort of fig leaf. I think we can safely put Gilead's article into that basket.

At this point the truth seems so obvious that arguing with Zionists seems like yelling into the void. It's just creating hypertension for yourself for no real benefit.

ForkinGreat

Apparently there is a Russian word for bullshit that everyone knows is bullshit but needs to be said as some sort of fig leaf. I think we can safely put Gilead's article into that basket.

At this point the truth seems so obvious that arguing with Zionists seems like yelling into the void. It's just creating hypertension for yourself for no real benefit.

I'm a bit desensitized to Zionist sharting by now. The laugh emoji comes in quite handy there, as a way of mocking them and their BS.

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

‘They are entitled to nothing’
Salma and her family fled from the north of Gaza in October after Israel’s military ordered Palestinians to evacuate to the south.
“We didn’t take anything … even clothes for prayer,” she says. “We just left.”
People who stayed in the north shared photos of her family’s houses burnt and destroyed. But the south was also unsafe, and the family continued to Rafah, close to the Egyptian border, until Salma was able to leave with her daughter on 28 December.

Her parents, siblings and their families remain in Rafah – a “very, very bad situation”, Salma says.
Violet Roumeliotis, the chief executive of community-based Settlement Services International, says about 200 Palestinians have arrived in New South Wales on visitor visas from Gaza since the conflict started. While they wait 12 months to apply for bridging visas, “they are entitled to nothing”.
Scenes of destruction in Gaza amid the ongoing was between Israel and Hamas.
‘They live in a tent now’: the desperate plight of Australian children trapped in Gaza
Sanmati Verma, the managing lawyer at Human Rights Law Centre, says the Albanese government has “failed to open humanitarian pathways from Gaza” by establishing a specific visa – and, at the same time, Palestinians have not received help with settlement or legal support after arriving in Australia.
“This is in marked distinction to the support that is rightly extended to the survivors of war and devastation in other parts of the [world], including Ukraine,” Verma says.
In the first five months of Russia’s war on Ukraine, 11,500 Ukrainian arrivals to Australia had access to a three-year humanitarian visa granting Medicare, work and study rights. On 31 July 2022 the Albanese government closed the scheme.
Afghan evacuees and Ukrainian arrivals were also eligible for the humanitarian support program, funded by the Department of Home Affairs, to help them integrate into Australian life. This gave access to orientation services, English language lessons, temporary housing assistance and legal services.

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

If you aren't feeling depressed and angry enough about the Israeli Genocide on the Palestinians, and our pissweak government only getting fired up after an Australian aid worker died in an Israeli Airstrike on an Aid convoy recently, you can try doing an internet search for
"Gazan inhumane treatment"

The latest atrocity in an endless list of them committed by Israel, is the amputation of Gazan prisoners' limbs because they were shackled so tightly, and for so long, that they had to be amputated. What person with a soul or any shred of humanity does this to another person? - who may have committed no crime, and could have been arrested simply as part of the "collective punishment" of the Palestinians, by Israel.

This atrocity, and the countless others that would go unreported, are hardly scratching the surface of the full horrors Inflicted on Palestinians, by the soulless shitstains of the Israeli Military and Police state.

Last edited:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
If you aren't feeling depressed and angry enough about the Israeli Genocide on the Palestinians, and our pissweak government only getting fired up after an Australian aid worker died in an Israeli Airstrike on an Aid convoy recently, you can try doing an internet search for
"Gazan inhumane treatment"

The latest atrocity in an endless list of them committed by Israel, is the amputation of Gazan prisoners' limbs because they were shackled so tightly, and for so long, that they had to be amputated. What person with a soul or any shred of humanity does this to another person? - who may have committed no crime, and could have been arrested simply as part of the "collective punishment" of the Palestinians, by Israel.

This atrocity, and the countless others that would go unreported, are hardly scratching the surface of the full horrors Inflicted on Palestinians, by the soulless shitstains of the Israeli Military and Police state.

Careful, Fork. You might get raided.

ForkinGreat

Careful, Fork. You might get raided.

The thought had occured to me. We don't live in a free country, do we?
We have no actual rights enshrined in our constitution, AFAIK. Only implied rights gleaned from common law court decisions.
I don't go on twitter much at all. I just had a look at my meagre X footprint. no sticks there to get lodged in the colons of the nasty and vindictive crowd. (apart from the LNP)

Last edited:

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The thought had occured to me. We don't live in a free country, do we?
We have no actual rights enshrined in our constitution, AFAIK. Only implied rights gleaned from common law court decisions.
I don't go on twitter much at all. I just had a look at my meagre X footprint. no sticks there to get lodged in the colons of the nasty and vindictive crowd. (apart from the LNP)
yeah nah, they went out the door with covid and they have never really let go of policing opinions since.

ForkinGreat

RE social media:
Twitter apparently has the most aggressive Zionists.
Instagram seems to have a fairly strong pro-palestinian presence, and the zionists tend to get shouted down.
FB... NFI. seems to be just as much of a shit show as twitter.

ForkinGreat

"Few criticisms of Israel’s actions – until this week – have been made without reference to the actions of Hamas on October 7.
That has all changed now, though there is also something disturbing about the fact that it has taken the killing of foreign nationals, including Australian Zomi Frankcom, rather than the killing of countless Palestinians, to apparently tip governments over into straight outrage.

The Dutton opposition has taken a much more straightforward approach of simply blaming everything on Hamas and firmly toeing the Israeli line.

But surely it must be time for Australia to be starting from first principles of not just upholding the UN charter but calling out flagrant breaches of the rules of international warfare, if it believes that they have taken place, rather than finding justifications for Israel not doing so."

Israeli newspaper Haaretz documents a military chain of command which would seem to make such incidents easy to understand, with local commanders left to designate “kill zones” or “combat zones”, the boundaries of which are not determined in advance.

A reservist who has served in Gaza told Haaretz that “in practice, a terrorist is anyone the IDF has killed in the areas in which its forces operate”.

There is a paywall for this article, but a person who is so inclined might use this site to read the article. https://12ft.io/
The article is in Murdoch's flagship Aus newspaper, and the Murdochs are MASSIVE Israel cheerleaders.

ForkinGreat

Canada pauses arms exports to Israel. still assessing permits on a "case by case" basis ...
Following the vote on the motion, the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs lobby group called the outcome “misguided and disingenuous”.
Wow, the Local Zionists are shitty about that. What a fucking surprise. Perhaps they should go suck the fart out of a dead seagull.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ForkinGreat

...it's as if many cuntries have just now come to realisation that Israel might just now be doing something a little unsavoury.
I suspect the focus group feedback is scaring the shit out of those cuntries, and the Septic gubbinment state department officials might have dipped a toe in Instagram, rather than bathing all the time in Twitter's pro-israel hate-filth.

ForkinGreat

ForkinGreat

I don't think the majority of citizens making up those focus groups have been engaged in much deep thinking until recently
100%, like it's not a war crime until an Australian dies,
despite Israel's kill count being at least 33,000 civilians, and the status of 'militant' being decided after Israeli soldiers have shot them dead. :confused: