Minipump recommendations??

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally going to bite the bullet and buy a minipump

I'm a CO2 fan, but they don't cut the mustard with fatbike tyres

any recommendations?

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Had a specialized one, a couple of cheap gyros and now a lezyne fat compact or something - the lezyne seems much better because it comes with a hose that makes things way easier out no the trail and the ends of the pump are covered with rubber grommets stopping dust and mud getting in

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a specialized one, a couple of cheap gyros and now a lezyne fat compact or something - the lezyne seems much better because it comes with a hose that makes things way easier out no the trail and the ends of the pump are covered with rubber grommets stopping dust and mud getting in
cheers...........

stirk

Burner
Mini pump and fat bike tyre's = good workout!

I have seen a hybrid pump, I think it was a Topeak, which does both CO2 and is a mini pump so you can use 1 canister to get things going and pump it, pump it, nice and hard.

CO2 pump is a fizz ;) double meaning there

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Lezyne high volume - because of the hose, how it packs away and being fully rebuildable with an o-ring kit.

John U

MTB Precision
Topeak mountain morph. It's not quite mini but it works a treat. May as well not carry a pump if the bastard won't put air into you tyres in a reasonably efficient manner. The morph works in the same way a pit pump does. The effort and result is achieved by pushing to the ground.

Anything else may as well save cash and weight and carry nothing.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Blackburn mammoth or leyzene tech drive hv. Bot high volume and the leyzene is super smexy.

slowmick

38-39"
Topeak mountain morph here too. as john says you can use the ground to support the pump and the hose means you don't rip the valve out of the tube. i have two and give to to people as presents (cause generally they carry cheap shitting ones ad i wind up getting mine out on the trail) :thumb:

dcrofty

Eats Squid
I bought a cool looking crank brothers one. It had a small hole built into the shaft so when you pulled the handle all the way out to full extention all the air you just pumped into your tyres rushed out.

Apart from that it was great...........

PerthMTB

Likes Dirt
And another vote for Topeak Mountain Morph here.

I've had a variety of other pumps over the years and although they've all been real small and easy to carry, have been absolutely useless when it eventually came time to use them.

Mountain Morph is a mini track pump, complete with foot stand, flexible hose, and pressure gauge, but folds up small enough to fit in a Camelback - just!

mountain morph.jpg

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
And another vote for Topeak Mountain Morph here.

I've had a variety of other pumps over the years and although they've all been real small and easy to carry, have been absolutely useless when it eventually came time to use them.

Mountain Morph is a mini track pump, complete with foot stand, flexible hose, and pressure gauge, but folds up small enough to fit in a Camelback - just!

View attachment 310210
I keep this in the car, but I have a tiny "PRO" for in the backpack. But I don't race or ride fat bikes so time and effort don't bother me. Wank more if you can't hack it, fun while your getting fit.

Last edited:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
any recommendations?
I recommend not riding a fatbike. ;)

I use a Giant branded mini pump, very compact but would take a while on fatarse bike tires, but it has CO2 capability also. I like it for compact and emergency use but without CO2 it's slow.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I recommend not riding a fatbike. ;)

I use a Giant branded mini pump, very compact but would take a while on fatarse bike tires, but it has CO2 capability also. I like it for compact and emergency use but without CO2 it's slow.
just doing it for shits and giggles, still have my Niner

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a Lezyne and a Topeak and while they are good, my 15 year old Blackburn Mammoth still outperforms them.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
I've got a Diamondback one I purchased from Target or Kmart. Ironically enough it has been the toughest and longest lasting pump I have...

teK--

Eats Squid
That Mountain Morph Turbo looks great, even to chuck in the usual box of tools and parts that go into the boot on every ride.