Missing Malaysian flight

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
I can't remember why the oxygen failed, but the plane was still on autopilot so flying normally but no communication
I think the military went up and looked through the windows and could see no movement
They had to make the call to shoot the plane down if it went over a populated area
Luckily it ran out of petrol over water and crashed :yuck:

edit: oh yes, that the one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522
That helios flight crashed because the planes automatic pressurization was set to manual following a routine pressure leak test from memory, and both pilots simply missed it in the flight checks, BUT the pilots also confused the flight configuration alarm so they missed it even when it did alarm, it's often a combination of things the bring these things down.

I don't know what the technology is like in the region but I would have thought that the radars would be receiving reliable transponder information right up until the crash?

Anyone know how long the black boxes beacon signals for?

Last edited:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Plane was hijacked / staff were in on it...

Now the plane is parked in a hanger in Pakistan.

OR as there were many Chinese involved - it could have something to do with the mass stabbing in the Chinese train station that took place a few weeks ago.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
No way is it terrorism. Whats the first thing you do when you commit an act of terrorism? Lay claim to it to actually spread terror. Leaving people wondering where the fuck this plane has disappeared to makes no sense whatsoever.

Bermshot

Banned
#1: Stolen passports. The Mossad has been implicated for this many times, actually their the only ones. (do you remember?)

The rest?

No transponder signal, yeah.....! Don't let them buy you into the conspiracy theorists ideal, just think clearly.

Is anyone willing to do the research and even see if there was a flight by that #, who was on it, is there a relative association to the political ideals of the Airlines nation? Why would stolen passports not !ring-up as soon as one walks through the docks- fuck off, (interpol wasn't checked) all data bases are covered, a stolen passport would ring the bells in fairy land, especially if it had been reported a year ago.

Talk me through it, cause I ain't got not'n.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
No way is it terrorism. Whats the first thing you do when you commit an act of terrorism? Lay claim to it to actually spread terror. Leaving people wondering where the fuck this plane has disappeared to makes no sense whatsoever.
No one claimed responsibility for 9/11 for months afterwards.

willsy01

Eats Squid
So it seems they've been searching in the wrong spot for three days because the Malaysian military didn't seem to think it was important to tell anybody that they picked the thing up on radar heading west for a few hundred kilometers.

BRA-FUCKING-VO Malaysia.......bravo.

Last edited:

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I'm sure they had far more important things to do, like waxing their moustaches. Or they're covering their asses after shooting it down by mistake.

So why the hell was it completely off the flight path and flying low?? Looking more like a hijacking now.

willsy01

Eats Squid
The commander of the Butterworth Military Airport said that they picked up the aircraft on radar flying west of Butterworth at 0230, over the Mallaca Straights. which is on the west side of the Malay Peninsular. Butterworth is a 24/7 Military area, also where Australia leases hanger space for the RAAF Orion P-3C's.

So they've spent 3 days looking on the wrong side of Malaysia.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
If you have a look at the realeased search zones from yesterday, they have already been searching a grid in the malacca straits . So they already knew, they just couldn't be arsed to tell anyone why .

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I'm sure they had far more important things to do, like waxing their moustaches. Or they're covering their asses after shooting it down by mistake.

So why the hell was it completely off the flight path and flying low?? Looking more like a hijacking now.
If flying low, that doesn't indicate a hijacking- quite the contrary, it equally indicates depressurisation - you need to get down to breathable air and ASAP

Pastavore

Eats Squid
If flying low, that doesn't indicate a hijacking- quite the contrary, it equally indicates depressurisation - you need to get down to breathable air and ASAP
Get down to breathable air....... but turn off transponder and don't send an emergency call?

s.dogg

Likes Dirt
#1: Stolen passports. The Mossad has been implicated for this many times, actually their the only ones. (do you remember?)

The rest?

No transponder signal, yeah.....! Don't let them buy you into the conspiracy theorists ideal, just think clearly.

Is anyone willing to do the research and even see if there was a flight by that #, who was on it, is there a relative association to the political ideals of the Airlines nation? Why would stolen passports not !ring-up as soon as one walks through the docks- fuck off, (interpol wasn't checked) all data bases are covered, a stolen passport would ring the bells in fairy land, especially if it had been reported a year ago.

Talk me through it, cause I ain't got not'n.

Did you just say that Mossad has used stolen passports in the past, then next paragraph say that its impossible to use stolen passports?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I would be very hesitant in placing faith in anything out of Malaysia right now.

The rest?

Stolen passport only shows up if you take the time to access the database, which is not standard procedure for most airlines. The care more about WHAT goes on the plane, not who. Also, you don't think most intel agencies use fake passports?! Why would the Israelis be so different than others. Added to that, you don't think crims and other civilians use the same tricks?

No one claimed responsibility for 9/11 for months afterwards.
Pretty confident we can say that 9/11 is a gargantuan anomaly when it comes to analyzing terrorism, if not for just scale alone.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
A cockpit fire would have to be remarkably rapid and intense to preclude a single distress signal. I'm skeptical this will have been the cause.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
A cockpit fire would have to be remarkably rapid and intense to preclude a single distress signal. I'm skeptical this will have been the cause.
Planes have got hoses carrying O2 running all throughout them -including the cockpit. If one of them got damaged by flames and started leaking, a small fire would very quickly become a big fire.

That's pretty much what killed the 3 astronauts on the first Apollo mission.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Particularly given this is a known cause of catastrophic fire, and hence a lot of effort would have been directed towards preventing it in the future.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
The last thing you'd be doing is plugging in a code to the transponder or attempting to use a radio if you are surrounded by fire.