Missing Malaysian flight

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Either because it was a ghost flight, or to make it look like a ghost flight.

Or possibly with the belief that the wreckage would never be found - the great disappear in' plane

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So lets say this find off the Australian coast is the plane. Claims are it was on autopilot and had been for a long time. I thought autopilot input had to have an end destination? I'm assuming the pilot wouldn't have put Antarctica then bolted to put a fire out?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
So lets say this find off the Australian coast is the plane. Claims are it was on autopilot and had been for a long time. I thought autopilot input had to have an end destination? I'm assuming the pilot wouldn't have put Antarctica then bolted to put a fire out?
Maybe taking the scenic route around the globe?

redbruce

Eats Squid
Biggest bit is 24m long.....although the imagry isn't high res. 777 wings are about 29m in length......i'd have thought the nature of a detached aircraft wing would be to float if the (possibly empty) fuel tanks weren't breached. That said, i'm sceptical until they absolutely confirm it's parts of a 777.
Shipping container/s?

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do containers float though?

I thought they'd have little holes that would eventually fill them with water?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
A lot of the time they will float suspended just below the surface. Boats run in to them on a semi-regular basis. There's decent money in container salvaging.