Mondraker buying experience

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi I'm interested in the experience of buying a Mondraker. I have my eyes on a prime Interested in the after sales support.. On a side note. Any prime owners out there? Can't see any reviews online

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm sure Anton will be along shortly to assure you he is a top bloke, advise us of his great prices, and prove he is an obnoxious wanker...

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I thought Prime was Banshee?
Prime is just a hardtail . Or dare I say also an E bike . To me " dealer direct " sales mean you have a big idea on bikes yourself thus negating the need for aftersales support unless you had a warranty issue . Having said that I have found the guys from Flowbikes to be extremely helpful with any query you may have . Paul Walton was Fabien Barels mechanic / team manager for a long time and Anton is an all round shredder . Both know there stuff inside out . Go for it .

snake140

Cannon Fodder
Couldn't be happier with my dune carbon RR. Paul at flow bikes was great to deal with over the phone and sorted my sram brake warrenty in no time. Definitely recommend a Mondraker. I've also been eyeing off the prime r+ as a second bike but also can't find any ride reports.

ktastrphe

Likes Dirt
I bought a crafty a year and a half ago and with a couple issues and questions Paul has been lightening fast in replying to emails with instructions, advice and sending small warranty replacement parts. I'm in WA and bought from him & anton over east

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought a crafty a year and a half ago and with a couple issues and questions Paul has been lightening fast in replying to emails with instructions, advice and sending small warranty replacement parts. I'm in WA and bought from him & anton over east
Yeah good. Thanks

T.3

Likes Dirt
I have a 2017 Foxy XR.

After ringing to enquire about the bike i was offered and subsequently accepted a demo that was delivered to my place, about an hour away.

On the strength of the demo i ordered a 2016 Foxy at a discounted run out price. I was told they (Spain) still had them in stock and paid a deposit. Unfortunately they didnt. Was offered the 2017 at the same price or the XR for a bit more which I took them up on. This more than made up for my initial disappointment.

Bike came a week later than promised and i was offered a carbon dune to ride while i waited.

Bike arrived and was personally delivered to me.

Im am really happy with the quality of the bike and how it rides, love the forward geo and the zero suspension is great.

Mistakes and stuff ups happen. Its how they are dealt with and im very happy with my experience.

You have the option to pay with paypal too if that helps.

Ive heard by word of mouth warranty issues are sorted properly too.

Would i buy from them again, absolutely.

Last edited:

ktastrphe

Likes Dirt
Yes, sell framesets too. There was a stuff up with mine coming over from Spain too, so they offered to strip down a full bike and send me through the frame (or a discount on full bike) instead of waiting.

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Excellent

Thanks for those responses. Sounds like good experiences. So. The other question I have is about size. I ride a large specialized crave sl. I run a short stem (60mm) on that already. Any longer and I'm a little too stretched out. Did all my measuring and I figure a medium in the prime would be better. Reach on the large looks monstrous in comparison to my large Specialized. Should I ignore all the geometry numbers and stick with a large or account for the longer reach and txt length and go with a medium???

Warp

Likes Dirt
Yes, sell framesets too. There was a stuff up with mine coming over from Spain too, so they offered to strip down a full bike and send me through the frame (or a discount on full bike) instead of waiting.
Cheers. That Foxy looks sweet for what I want.

How good are Mondrakers in twisty trails? They're pretty long bikes and that normally don't play nice with switchbacks and very tight trails. Any ideas?

Last edited:

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Cheers. That Foxy looks sweet for what I want.

How good are Mondrakers in twisty trails? They're pretty long bikes and that normally don't play nice with switchbacks and very tight trails. Any ideas?
Have a look at this article , explains it real well . When I had my first test ride I felt comfortable on it immediately but it was still freaky . I was only able to test on an Xc trail but good enough . First real gravity trail and it was sweet . Its not a lazy mans bike , the more you ask of it the more it wants from you . I struggle on some switchbacks , buts thats mainly due to the poor building technique , on well built trail its fine and even a matter of how big your balls are sometimes .
http://www.mtbiking.com.au/bike/mondraker-foxy-xr

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Thanks for those responses. Sounds like good experiences. So. The other question I have is about size. I ride a large specialized crave sl. I run a short stem (60mm) on that already. Any longer and I'm a little too stretched out. Did all my measuring and I figure a medium in the prime would be better. Reach on the large looks monstrous in comparison to my large Specialized. Should I ignore all the geometry numbers and stick with a large or account for the longer reach and txt length and go with a medium???
Let the Flow crew decide that for you or ask to ride both .

T.3

Likes Dirt
In regards to sizing you should figure in that they come with a 30mm stem. Ive never felt the length in tight stuff despite on paper them being long. Geo is a personal thing though, i dont like the feeling of being cramped, was in between a medium and large sizing wise so went large.

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In regards to sizing you should figure in that they come with a 30mm stem. Ive never felt the length in tight stuff despite on paper them being long. Geo is a personal thing though, i dont like the feeling of being cramped, was in between a medium and large sizing wise so went large.
How tall are you T.3. Got any pics of you sitting on the bike???