Monester 4X track homebush- Sprinklers

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
With it being light early i am getting out and hitting up homebush 4X pretty early. However the past few days i have been there & the sprinklers have been on full blast. This has resulted in a track covered in water and unrideable.. abit annoying for the keen 4Xers out there. No drama the BMX track next to it is fine.

Does anyone know when the sprinklers are on? and when they are not? if it is only certain days. Is it because of the recent track work?

Cheers

jdc5r

Likes Dirt
No idea but the last time i went, i seem to recall the bmx track was completly raped ... is it fixed yet?

Mr Pockets

Likes Bikes
The spriklers are put on every morning for the grass, i feel that this is a good idea, but the fact is it is rutting out the track, as it doesn't dry in time and the last straight is always wet due to this.

some one should talk to barnsey, and ask why they cant just put the sprinklers on so they dont cause damage to the track becusae the sprinklers are doing more bad then good for the track causing more maintenance for the ruts that are put in from the wet track being riden.

from going there this morning it ruins the track for the whole day making the last straight very wet and very hard to ride as it slows you down into the last double.

ben,

markfak

Likes Dirt
Yeah,

I was out there with Derka Derka the other day.

Looks like the sprinklers were on way to long on the 4X. Might have just been an error on the timer? Either way the track was soaked while the bmx track was perfect?

Anyone been out there the last couple of days?
Is it still happening?

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a head's up i was at Homebush today and the BMX track was closed for repairs so, i am not sure if it will be open tomorrow

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
Just a head's up i was at Homebush today and the BMX track was closed for repairs so, i am not sure if it will be open tomorrow
Yeah saw the dozer and roller machines besides the BMX track. From what i could see the fist 2 doubles have been fixed and some corner work done. Also the track has been smoothed out particularly at the start. Looks like it will be much better! yaH!!

Ok 4X track update. No sprinklers on yesterday and the track was hummming!! :D

markfak

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the heads up?

Any changes on the actual lines though?

Hey also for anyone that hasn't been to Castle Hill (Fred Catterson Reserve)
Well worth the visit the track has been groomed and is in great shape.

Cheers,

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the heads up?

Any changes on the actual lines though?

Hey also for anyone that hasn't been to Castle Hill (Fred Catterson Reserve)
Well worth the visit the track has been groomed and is in great shape.

Cheers,
I don't think they actually changed the lines, i think it was more of a repair job, mainly the lips.
Should be nice for a few days anyway.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Homebush 4X track races

Hi guys,
in case you like the track so much you feel like racing there: this Sunday is a WSMTB club round out there and in 2 weeks the first 2 rounds of the 4X Nationals. They are open to all - info on our website.
Cheers,
Martin