mongoose ecd frame

hucker_boy

weekly chode
hey everyone i was wondering how much u think a 07 mongoose ecd frame would be worth with shock included but it has two hairline cracks it will be posted up soon im just wondering how much i should ask for it thanks for your help everyone.

hucker_boy

weekly chode
Dude, you said it's got 2 hairline cracks in it, I think $50 - $150 is being serious.
so what your trying to tell me is that a cracked frame with a very good condition 07 dhx 5 is only worth 50-150 :confused: i could get more for just the shock

flatbeat

Likes Bikes
cracks are very bad, they will grow until the bike fails. This usually occurs when u are going down a v.steep hill over rocks. Id give it a miss, or 50$.

eljordo407

Likes Bikes
Maybe send the frame to gripsport and get it repaired? Then sell it and you will get a lot more money than just $50-$150

indica

Serial flasher
I sold a cracked frame for $160 - but included heaps of stuff, a brake, a shifter and a rear der.

bogada

Likes Dirt
It would cost a heap more to post. And it would cost more to fix the cracks if somebody bought it. Keep it as wall art in your garage. People generally don't want cracked frames - they're generally not good for much.

Maybe put it on ebay - somebody with a workshop might be able to fix it up for themselves.

Last edited:

wormer

Likes Bikes
Sell the shock by itself.
You might be able to sell either the front or rear frame triangles depending on where the cracks are (obviously sell the triangle with NO cracks). If it is in both triangles....hang it on your wall... or bin it...or take it to the recyclers and and you might cover the cost of a carton of beer...

caddy

Likes Dirt
Sell the shock. Then I'll buy the frame off you for $50 to hang on my garage wall :) I used to have an ECD so I'm guessing the cracks are on the supports between the top tube and shock mount area (the 'M' bits)? That makes the frame useless cos it will eventually fracture and fail... bad news

C.H.B

Likes Dirt
thetrouble with a cracked frame is even if its been repaired well your
never ever going to trust it.I'd just sell the shock,its easier

Jared #620

Likes Bikes
I don't know if they're still doing it but because all the 07 frames were breaking at one of the pivots mongoose were replacing them with 08 frames in 07 colours.

If you end up selling it seperately sell the deralluer (is that how you spell it) hanger as well because i know a couple of people who bent/broke theres and were told it would cost $150 to replace the part. That's more than some of these guys are saying for the whole lot.

hucker_boy

weekly chode
i tried getting that but mongoose wouldnt do it :mad: yea and those hanger things are mad expensive and i replaced mine before i got a new frame so its basically brand new and i do doubt anyone would sell it for 50 to 150 as its no were near worth that little

blakie49

Likes Dirt
I would say grip sport is your best bet. If all else fails. Well unfortuntley thats the end of the line. Im not giving you a hard time i have a ecd too.

MrSafety

Likes Dirt
I'd part it out and sell those separately, then sell the frame for $100. If you think people would pay more then that feel free to try...