Mont 24, so who's going?

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So who's making the trip?? And what are you riding when you get down there? How many in the team etc........

I was going to do both the 24 race as well as the trials comp, but was too slow getting a team together. So now I'm just doing the trials comp (hence I'll be riding a funny looking bike with no seat...) I do have every intention of doing a lap of the 24hr course on it though!! Should be fun running a 22-18 gear combo and 165mm cranks!

If you're coming down though, come over and have a geez at the trials comp, it should be quite good. The Canberra boys are known for setting good comps!

dilemma

girl+bike
Yep, I'll be there! A 24-hour virgin so to speak, looking forward to my first time there!

Riding a Giant NRS-2 in a team of three chicks, Our team name is Hard Dick and Ringer (ha ha our surnames combined!) We all ride NRS's.

I'll be the one with the massive grin on my face all weekend :D

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jasco said:
So who's making the trip?
I'll be there as usual.
I do have every intention of doing a lap of the 24hr course on it though!
Don't mean at all to sound narky, but try and keep out of people's way - it is annoying enough to be stuck behind roadies through the singletrack, but imagine being held up by a trials rider! The shame! :D

sam__kent

Likes Bikes
McBain said:
it is annoying enough to be stuck behind roadies through the singletrack, but imagine being held up by a trials rider! The shame! :D
Guess plenty will be getting stuck behind me then...

I'll be there in a team of 4. The other 3 are young blokes and are pretty handy!

(Look out for the stars'n'stripes jersey and a red/yellow Klein)

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aye I will be there, on the trusty silver COVE 8) Hopefully with my two new wheels, although the rear wheel is looking pretty doubtfully at the moment as the hub still isn't here :?

If you see me come up and say hi... I am riding in a team of 4, one of the guys is said to be a pretty hardcore tri-athlete and Iron-man, the rest of us are punters :p

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
McBain said:
jasco said:
I'll be there as usual.
Don't mean at all to sound narky, but try and keep out of people's way - it is annoying enough to be stuck behind roadies through the singletrack, but imagine being held up by a trials rider! The shame! :D
and i'm sure they love it when u get in their way as they blast past u on the way up :wink:

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
Can't wait for it. I will be on a red NRS2 with Talas forks or a mostly black hardtail SS with red SIDs. Most likely wearing Panther Cycles knicks. Say hi if you recognise me. We won't be going hard this year will probably do most laps on my single speed, as opposed to trying to tear my legs off on the Giant. My wife said she might even try and do a lap. The other guys are pretty keen to kick back this year as well. Though they are looking a bit leaner than in previous editions. We are Fatslow.

Going down on Friday lunch time and get a couple of cruisy laps in before it is dark. Maybe even do a night lap for the hell of it. You would think we would have enough on Sat. night but I don't get any where near enough dirt time these days. Too much commuting on the roadie makes for a very pent up dude.

I will try and get some pictures. I reckon everyone should get a disposable camera and chuck a cord on it and put it around their neck. There is always funny and cool stuff to take shots of. Won'y really matter if you stack on it either.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Damn this race creeps up on me every year. I'll be there in solo pride (anyone else this stupid)!

Come say g'day at the Manitou tent, or just keep an eye out for a lanky fella on a black Foes :wink:

nickz

Likes Dirt
I'll be there on a red Mountain Cycle. Haven't ridden in about 6 weeks, no fitness, and have put on a couple of kilos as well, so bring it on!

I might drop by on Saturday arvo to say gday but i'll not be racing. Instead I'll be heading back to uni to do my own 24hr essay writing race against the clock.
I know where I'd rather be... dammit!!

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah ill be there,
Going down on the friday,
Ill be riding a Litepeed duallie,
just got some new forks, seatpost, tyres,
took almost 2kg of the total weight,
In a team of 3 guys team Sans Solo
2 of the guys decided to pull out of solo as they were at the 24hr worlds a few weeks ago in canada.
Maybe wearing an afro.
Guess im a sucker.

parallax

Likes Dirt
I'll be there on my XC beast. 2002 P3 w/ Boxxers and 24" wheels. Should be even worse than 6'T :?

Come say g'day - I'll only be riding during the day, so at night come crack a couple of tubes and relax.

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
McBain said:
jasco said:
I'll be there as usual.
Yeah don't worry we won't be too much of a nuisance, I know the feeling of getting stuck behind slow people after the last 12h of Darkness.

But I can't wait to catch me a roadie as we tear through any techy stuff!!
As for going up hills? We'll be doing about 1000rpm but still only going walking pace >_<

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Yep, I will be riding in the MONT, so will both of my kids!!!

Look out for the little girl on a yellow/red Giant ATX870, she might only be 9, but she can ride!!!! 8)

I will be on an Iron Horse Warrior and my son (12) might be on the Giant or a Warrior, not sure yet. He rocks..... Red helmet and red hair!!! :twisted:

I will be the slow person, puffing up all the hills!!! :lol:

parallax

Likes Dirt
Just got back. I'm fucking wasted, my gooch is paining and I'm totally dusty from head to toe - but I loved it.

Although I only did one lap on the gnarly XC bike (view here) which totally munted my body, I managed to squeeze in a few more laps.

btw: Huge props to Squid who lent one of my team mates a battery when her lighting system bonked 2km from the finish line. I bet if you knew she was with me, you'd have kept riding.
(and don't think I didn't hear you laugh as you rode past me at sunset :lol:)

Toxic

Likes Dirt
My back hurts. I rode two laps on my Devinci Hucker set up for XC and was OK except for the last 5 ks of the course where it was just stupidly undulating. Did a night lap on the DH bike and that was much nicer except for the too big front chainring.

The extra three k's of the course wasn't noticeable until I got back to transition and say the time on my first lap. I'm glad they broke up that grinding climb with some single track this year. Anyone else think there may have been a tad too much single track this year? Made it difficult to pass and let people pass.

And what about the number of women riding. Seemed like 50 % of the people I saw were ladies. Brilliant.