Mooloolaba - any riding to be had?

Glock

Likes Bikes
Are there any places to ride in the Mooloolaba area? I'm taking my xc bike there for schoolies week (yay! bring on schoolies week!) and want to know if there are any decent trails to be ridden in the area. Cheers

Glock

Likes Bikes
and why the hell not? I'm only going to take it out for maybe 2 days of riding, the rest of the time it's going to be locked up.

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
not mooloolaba as such - some good trials but not trails...

As you get away from the coast tho up towards mapleton (20min) there is some really good riding. (i actually did a trail review for it once and submitted it but it appears to have been relegated to admin heaven...) Mapleton forestry has plenty of tracks to just ride around and explore.

If your game you can do the gherulla motor bike trail (maybe on a weekday? so no confrontations...) Also a place called parklands just outside nambour that is spose to have some ok xc stuff - never ridden there myself tho. Hope that helps you...

zen_rider

Likes Dirt
i know theres a little skate park, but thats up the road, i think, at maroochydore - could be some fun, but probably not on an xc bike

bazza

look at me
yer man ditch the xc bike! get an urban bike if you want to do any riding during schoolies! there will be plenty of passed out drunks to jump! if you see one with blondy browny hair blue eyes, probably wearing a fox shirt dont jump him! damnn its going to be fun! im taking my urban bike to airlies just to screw around on if i get bored, not even sure if i will end up riding it, friends are taking skateboards so probably just chill with them or somethign on those off days.