More on the Honda DH bike

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Makes me wonder how serious Honda really is about DH. I wouldn't mind betting it's nothing more than a bit of fun for some Honda techos and we'll never see production bikes. Just a wild guess though.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
i think they'll end up putting it into pruduction, although it probably wont come out for a long while... looks a little weird IMO, and the BB looks really llow

Ryan

Radministrator
I dunno if it would be that much fun for the techo's at Honda, considering Honda just bought the design off a Japanese MTB designer / crackpot. All Honda has done to the frame is update the gearbox a bit as far as I know, apparently the original bike was using a moped gearbox :?

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Yeah the BB looks low but that is static sag with someone sitting on it. My v10 does the same thing sags low when sitting on level ground but when pointed down a hill the weight transfers more to the fork so the rear end rides heigher than the sag measured on level ground.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ryan said:
considering Honda just bought the design off a Japanese MTB designer / crackpot.
Considering all the resources honda have at their disposal i find that really hard to believe. Like i said though, just a guess.

Mason

Likes Dirt
Dosn't that bike use some weird energy potential collector from the shocks, and make energy?

Dinsy2

Likes Bikes
kaptin_9 said:
Dosn't that bike use some weird energy potential collector from the shocks, and make energy?
YA OMG you know about this too, the rider also puts a solar panel on his head shjasghasdgh

dick

Likes Dirt
what does IMO mean??

also, it look heavey as. its like a motor bike with not motor so its probably about 49.56kg.
ive heard that they gears on it a made by a company who make motorcross brakes.

Ty

Eats Squid
In My Opinion

they plan for the production version to be under 40lbs so that prototype shouldn't be too much more.

Billy

Likes Bikes
The bracket is the same height as the rear axle, if you actually look at it properly... that means without the rider on it, it would most likely have a 14" BB height... putting it quite high... the thing that is low is the protective surround for the gearbox...

I say it is good that a (bigger) Japanese company.. that has a strong background in moto-x would be interested in Downhill... because lord knows the money has to come from somewhere..... cause it is drying up a bit at the moment...

grovesy

Likes Dirt
wombat said:
kaptin_9 said:
Haha, that sounds like Brocky's polariser! :lol:
That polariser was the death of "Brock Commodores" wasn't it?
That bike will probably suffer the same fate

Ty

Eats Squid
stinky5 said:
wombat said:
kaptin_9 said:
Haha, that sounds like Brocky's polariser! :lol:
That polariser was the death of "Brock Commodores" wasn't it?
That bike will probably suffer the same fate
yes and no, brock trying to go over holdens head and release the "director" was pretty much the the end of the brook commodore, also 'ol tom walkinshaw stepping onto the scene with the then unknown in australia TWR (tom walkingshaw racing who run HRT) with there aero designs and new technology probably aided the death of the "brock"

the "director" while being probably the uglyest commodore ever was still years ahead of it's time for a australian built car (not counting cars like the giocattolo (sp?)

i've had a quick drive in build number 7 of 14 and damn you woundn't think the car was designed and built in 1986-87[/holdenhistory rant]