More pics of the 04 Demo 9 pro (bighit)??

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CHEWY said:
very nice, is it just me or does that look like it has URT ?
no its not as the bottom bracket isnt on the chainstay
plus the wheel doesnt follow the same path as a single pivot

the shock is on a single pivot linkage
whereas the wheel is on a standard 4 bar linkage

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
hmm that bike looks interesting. although i must admit the double rear triangle does look quite ugly. but i'm sure it looks far better in reality, as do all bikes

G

bring back the bighit i say that was a sweet looking frame never ridden one tho but they were quite succesfull

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
i rode my first big hit yesterday and OH MY FARKING GOD THEY ARE NICE.... i'm sure they will still have that range, thats probably just the hardcore DH version

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh yeh the rear shocks on those bikes
are the Manitou swinger
however they have less adjustment for the lower end models

hmmmm looking at those pics again
8" rear rotor on a 24" wheel
interesting, i think the 6" is quite adequate

but then again i have seen some people run 8" rotors
on their bighits in the back
dunno i guess i should try it one day

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG THOSE ARE THE HOTTEST BIKES!!!! u reckon those bikes would be cheaper or more expensive?
they are hot!! although i don't know marzocchi are doing by makin the stantions silver, looks gaybo - althoug if its some material that improves the performance than go for it
those dj's look like they have more travel

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you stare at it long enough, it starts to look like a V10.

No kidding, look closely and imagine how the 2 linkages interact. The V10 has a much smaller "inner" linkage, but the number of pivot points and the relationship between them is the same, just to a different scale. The wheel axle pushes up on the top linkage, whilst pulling on the bottom linkage which acts like it's own single pivot swingarm against the shock. On the V10, that's the black onodised piece that is almost hidden behind the crankset, so relative size is very different, but the action is the same. Ummmm am I making sense? Anyway, look closely and judge for yourself.

G

OMG YOUR RIGHT!!

make the bike a mustard colour, itll look zactly like a v10 :D cuz mustard is the best colour

bazza

look at me
sweet bikes the demons physco. herm that would insult some old religous ladies. heheh the demon rider.. ahahahhaahh that has a ring to it.

S.

ex offender
Kram said:
If you stare at it long enough, it starts to look like a V10.

No kidding, look closely and imagine how the 2 linkages interact. The V10 has a much smaller "inner" linkage, but the number of pivot points and the relationship between them is the same, just to a different scale. The wheel axle pushes up on the top linkage, whilst pulling on the bottom linkage which acts like it's own single pivot swingarm against the shock. On the V10, that's the black onodised piece that is almost hidden behind the crankset, so relative size is very different, but the action is the same. Ummmm am I making sense? Anyway, look closely and judge for yourself.
If you look at any full-linkage bike... they all work like that. It's just the difference in pivot placement that makes all the diff.

S.

ex offender
RaID said:
CHEWY said:
very nice, is it just me or does that look like it has URT ?
no its not as the bottom bracket isnt on the chainstay
plus the wheel doesnt follow the same path as a single pivot
The wheel does (or might as well) follow the same path as a singlepivot (albeit with the pivot in a location that isn't necessarily the same as the main pivot on the current linkage). Until you start incorporating pretty drastic backwards (eg Canfield's Fatty Fat Fat) or forwards elements (none that I can think of, maybe a Giant NRS), most bikes may as well be singlepivots for their axle path.

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
If you look at any full-linkage bike... they all work like that. It's just the difference in pivot placement that makes all the diff.
I disagree. A regular 4 bar linkage pushes the shock from the top linkage plate. An intense and a norco and a big hit are all alike enough to require patent rights from Special Ed, because the forces are all applied in the same manner. You can position the pivots wherever you like within this paralellogram, but you will still be infringing on their patent. My first generation chromo FSR had the pivots in vastly different places to the current big hit, but it was still a 4 bar.

The action between a 4 bar and a VPP are very different. It's the "inner link" for want of a better name, that applies the force to the shock. And this one here is significantly more like a VPP than a 4 bar-horst linkage.

Then again, maybe I've smoked too many drugs :lol: