Morewood vs Orange

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Morewood DH frame vs Orange 224 frame
For raceing will have Boxxers up front.
Pros/Cons? Or are they that close to each other the ride is the same.

Painey

Likes Dirt
224 are more noisy but both great bikes from what i hear. i can not comment on the morewood though as i have not ridden one.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Orange 224's are noisy, as are most of the Orange bikes because the frame walls are so thin and noise echoes down them. But I dont think they would be much different to ride. I have a 224 and I have looked at morewoods a lot and I think the only difference is the design in the swingarm. I think everything else is in close to the same place. The Morewoods are a bit heavier though :D Only by about 300grams.

prosheep

Likes Dirt
really is the orange lighter than the morewood, i never new that well you learn something new everytime you log on to farkin

faceplant666

Likes Dirt
Ok, I have ridden both bikes and Personally I think they are very similar, /i think one thing think one thing you may want to look into is the Oranges, and If they Crack and same with morewoods etc etc The Morewood feels skinnier to ride, it dosnt have the boxy front.

Hack

Likes Bikes
Orange\Morewood

Even though i bitch about my 224 i really do love it. It is light and nimble and handles really well. Tad on the noisy side but you don't notice it when you ride. All up it is a great ride especially if you are smooth and don't plow. I have not ridden a morewood on a dh track, but i heard they are also great bikes. Don't know if they are noisy.

Oscar

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Even though i bitch about my 224 i really do love it. It is light and nimble and handles really well. Tad on the noisy side but you don't notice it when you ride. All up it is a great ride especially if you are smooth and don't plow. I have not ridden a morewood on a dh track, but i heard they are also great bikes. Don't know if they are noisy.

Oscar
My cousin has a 224(Tripper2) and i dont know why anyone would mention noise. I didnt think noise slowed you down, nor does it affect the bike. Just my opinion, dont crucify me for voicing it anyone.

cheers, will.

Hack

Likes Bikes
I didn't mean noise would slow you down, but some people find it a put off to buying one. My friend was turned off oranges because of the noise. Weird. As a siad, you don't notice it when you ride.

Oscar

Painey

Likes Dirt
your exactly right it doesnt affect anything its just that its the first thing people notice when riding an orange. well i did great bike though.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mmm

Do they both have a floating brake ? If i was to choose of of the two it would be based on a floating brake system as they are so similar in geo ect, ect ..

DJ Dude

Likes Dirt
just see if maybe ur local bike stores are orange or morewood dealers, i own two oranges and once my 222 has had enough i'll get a 224 straight away no questions asked, and for the noise all orange owners secretly love the noise their bike makes :rolleyes:

steffo123

Likes Dirt
I dont think the noise would be to much of an issue, but am sure that the 224 is a good choice of bike.

steffo

lbroy

Likes Dirt
i haven't ridden either of them but in terms of looks i would go with the morewood ( i assume your talking about the izumu right?)

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
I should of said this, we all know a 224 is a great frame so can a Izumu messure up against it.
Dont care about noise or which one looks best its a race frame.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Buy a morewood!
As you can see there is a huge Orange army here with 224's.. be different, not a sheep and then you can say morewoods are better when you beat them!

(sorry to the orange guys haha) :cool:
Othere than that there both pretty awsome bikes.

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Neither come with floating brake. They are built for riders who know not to brake when mid corner and over the really rough stuff.
So if theres savage braking bumps from a 70kmh section into a tight corner Orange and Morewood owners just wont brake? Sometimes its necessary to brake over rough stuff and thats where the single pivot may not be an advantage.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So if theres savage braking bumps from a 70kmh section into a tight corner Orange and Morewood owners just wont brake? Sometimes its necessary to brake over rough stuff and thats where the single pivot may not be an advantage.

Of course they brake!
If your going 70km/h i should think youd know how to take a corner pretty well as well?

I wonder if steve peat worried so much about coming into a corner and not being able to brake when he won all those races on an orange single pivot?
hmmm.. dont think so