Training Log Morgans Training

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Started a couple of days ago.

Start Date: 9/9
Start Weight: 86kg
Goal Weight: Low 70's most likely.

Aim: Not too fussed with muscle gain for the moment, just focused on cutting down for Summer. Not sure what that is, be very happy with 75kg but might take even more. Needed to start a log as notepad is a bit limiting/annoying. Hopefully get a gym membership soon as that helped a lot last time.

Diet: Not too critical for the moment just trying to eat fairly well cutting out fast food as much as possible. Alcohol intake will remain high though as I can't pass up free alcohol at 21sts.

Last time I had take away: Saturday the 8th/Sep

Sunday 9/9: Couple of laps of Lilydale lake, approx. 7-8km. Walked first lap, decent pace for 3/4 second lap had problems with stitches.

Today a bit too pooped from yesterday and a bit of labouring today.

Max Push ups: 33, 10/9

Last edited:

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Wanted to go for a run today but 10 hours of solid labouring had me finish at about 7pm :( . Not a bad workout mixing mud all day though. Should run tomorrow.

Garrath

Likes Dirt
If your labouring all day then really have a hard look at you diet. Make the right changes and weight will shed.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Yeh I've changed it a lot over the last few weeks from constantly eating maccas to barely eating it but think I need to do more

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
So a mixture of building a large brick retaining wall at the top of a holy-shit-thats-steep hill means that I haven't had a run since my last one. But carrying 200 large bricks which probably weigh around 10 kilos and 60 bags of concrete up said hill plus building was quite a lot of exercise so not too bad. Also had my 21st on weekend so drank a lot but didn't eat too bad. Had Maccas on Monday the 17th and HJs on Sunday the 16th.

Today: Went for a decent run, 2 laps of the lake which is probably around 5km. 3/4 decent jog 1/4 walked (probably less but eh)
Diet:
Couple of peices of toast + glass of milk (forgot to buy some cereal :mad: )
6 inch meat ball sub with no cheese and honey mustard sauce on multigrain with glass of pepsi max
Can of lean meat stag chilli with Pepsi Max

Last edited:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Probably doing exactly what I am doing with my exercise thread.

Exercsing, but not diarising.

I have even been riding without my garmin :/

Hope your'e sticking to it mate!

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Working away from home and a rather large weekend for the grand final resulted in 6 rather large drinking sessions and no training in 5 days haha, not good. Will get back into it tomorrow for sure.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Been a hectic few weeks but got back into it today at the gym, haven't been a while so was just getting used to it and checking it out
5km run - 36min : 8.33km/h
1km row - 4:20
2nd km row - 4:08

All pretty average but its a start. Pushed pretty hard on the last km row, felt pretty light headed had to sit down :lol:

Last edited:

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Breaky: Sultana bran with low fat milk\
Lunch: Oven baked chicken fillets
After gym: Can of tuna and muesli bar

Exercise
3km run in ~19 minutes : 9.5km/h
1km row in 3:47
10 minutes cycling
5 minutes boxing
5 minutes skipping
1 hour playing squash

Legs are pretty damn sore which is a good feeling, took a squash ball to the face.

Last edited:

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Late Breaky: Big can of baked beans on two pieces of wholegrain bread
Late Lunch (After Gym): Crispy delux and glass of pepsi max
Snack: A naughty yoghurt and icypole
Dinner: Probably about 10 beers.

Did a pretty easy 3km run as legs are really sore and don't want to get injured. Iced them a few times last night, might do some more. Also did about 20min of weights but need to make a plan and a bit of cross trainer, only about 500m.

Weighed myself last night after dinner, 86kg.

dusty_nz

Likes Dirt
Will correct a few misconceptions.

Don't stress about non fat foods etc. Your body still needs fats, carbs and sugars. Its all about being balanced. The only really bad one is high GI carbs late in the day. Tends to cause a sugar rush and then a low shortly after. Easily redeemed by more carbs. Not a good cycle. Just be aware of how many calories are in foods. Fat is a lot more dense. Sugar give you a high then low/tired, this tends to drive more sugar cravings.

I had great success with getting all my carbs before lunch then after lunch try and stay away and go for low GI foods. Dinner is all about salads. Hot beef was my favorite. Dice up a t bone, Cook on a bbq and stir it into a lot of leaf with sauce etc.

Beer is going to undo everything, Massive double bang of calories.

Ensure you weight yourself same time and point and routine every day. your weight will shift by upto 4 kg during the day. I wake, Piss/poop then weight myself. Then grab a drink and eat etc.

Running is great for health but it sounds like you do a lot of physical work so exercise is not your problem. Food is prob the problem. Simply too much. To loose weight you need to be in negative calorie count. Takes two weeks for your body to settle into this then easy.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Will correct a few misconceptions.

Don't stress about non fat foods etc. Your body still needs fats, carbs and sugars. Its all about being balanced. The only really bad one is high GI carbs late in the day. Tends to cause a sugar rush and then a low shortly after. Easily redeemed by more carbs. Not a good cycle. Just be aware of how many calories are in foods. Fat is a lot more dense. Sugar give you a high then low/tired, this tends to drive more sugar cravings.
May seem like a stupid question but how do you find out how many calories are in something? I have sfa idea on that one...

I had great success with getting all my carbs before lunch then after lunch try and stay away and go for low GI foods. Dinner is all about salads. Hot beef was my favorite. Dice up a t bone, Cook on a bbq and stir it into a lot of leaf with sauce etc.

Beer is going to undo everything, Massive double bang of calories.

Yeh I thought that would be the case but with the massive amount of 21sts this year im just going to have to deal with it. If I can i'll have a pepsi max and bourbon but can't do that when out.

Ensure you weight yourself same time and point and routine every day. your weight will shift by upto 4 kg during the day. I wake, Piss/poop then weight myself. Then grab a drink and eat etc.
Yeh I can just never remember to do it in the morning haha

Running is great for health but it sounds like you do a lot of physical work so exercise is not your problem. Food is prob the problem. Simply too much. To loose weight you need to be in negative calorie count. Takes two weeks for your body to settle into this then easy.
When I was working that might've been the case but been unemployed for a month and a bit so haven't been doing much at all lately. Really enjoy running on the treadmill for some reason. Yeh food was definitely the problem when I was working, used to have at least 1-2 meals of Maccas or KFC during the day but been pretty good of late.
Food:
Breaky - big can of baked beans with peice of toast
Lunch - Bowl of yoghurt and can of tuna
Dinner - Oven baked chicken wings

Exercise
6km on tread, 5 km run in 34min wouldve been less but was talking to a mate.
2km on rower in 8 minutes, wasn't as fucked as last time.
1km or so on the bike for warm down.

dusty_nz

Likes Dirt
Food:
Breaky - big can of baked beans with peice of toast
Lunch - Bowl of yoghurt and can of tuna
Dinner - Oven baked chicken wings

Exercise
6km on tread, 5 km run in 34min wouldve been less but was talking to a mate.
2km on rower in 8 minutes, wasn't as fucked as last time.
1km or so on the bike for warm down.
There are lots of app's for iphones and android. Also simply read the packets.

Aim for 500 calories max per meal (3 meals) the remaining 500 is covered by teas/coffees etc. 2000 calories/day even with moderate exercise is more than enough.

Skip sugars and carb's after lunch.

Routine is the secret. It will take two weeks to establish a new routine, After that its heaps easier and second nature.
Know your weaknesses and mitigate. Put a sign up on your bathroom to weigh yourself.
Don't keep snacks/packet meals in your house.
I brought heaps of the real dry tough biltong. When ever I got hungry I would chew on this. 30 mins latter my jaw was tired and appetite was suppressed.
etc etc.

Drinking. Few tricks. Single burbon shot in a pint glass and rest is pepsi max. Still a good drink but the single shot will last twice as long. Things like that.

Every second drink scull a water. Slows drinking down and also reduces the impact of a hangover. Next day being tired and hungover and eating spicy chicken wings is the double whammy.

The bad news is it is not easy, You need to prioritise weight loss.

Also, Its not a diet, its a life style. If you stop the routine the weight will come back on. Eat healthy and find a solution that fits you for the rest of your life.

The only easy weight loss is not to put it on in the first place.

Apologise for the rant.

Have just gone from 110kg to 90kg in 4-5 months. Still holding it off almost 12 months latter.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the advice mate and not a problem!

Spent the last couple of days hiking down at Wilsons Prom which was pretty great, not sure how far but did probably 4 hours solid yesterday and a couple today. Some epic views!

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Still been going with this with progress albeit slow! Need some help with low calorie foods I could get that'll help fill me up when Im struggling. Never have time to prepare anything in the morning so the quicker the better. Anyone know any?

Jaybkr

Squid
Still been going with this with progress albeit slow! Need some help with low calorie foods I c that'll help fill me up when Im struggling. Never have time to prepare anything in the morning so the quicker the better. Anyone know any?
Those salad tubs u get from Coles are pretty good especially the Asian one, I also throw in a couple of can of tinned tuna(Lemmon and cracked pepper) fills me up and it only cost $6.80. I also find if I get a bit peckish, drinking water helps curb the hunger. I always have a packet of natural almonds in the esky. bugger all calories, and helps with the sugar cravings.

Hope that helps mate

Jay

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Remember this old thread and thought i'd check back in.

Went up to about 89 before I started at the gym, now sitting on about 83.5. Not finished yet but after a few months cutting it's going well. Nothing too complicated, 4-5 sessions a week if possible mixing it up with gym and road riding combined with a good diet with a calorie deficit. Worked on meal timing as much as I could to try limit muscle loss and i've lost almost 0 which is good.

Aiming for below 10% bodyfat or around 80kg.

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg