morphine with pikes

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
had the pike (sl's) for about a week now. From a weekend of dh and a bit of a xc bash i'm pretty happy with them. Great value.

Attachments

-DAvo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks nice!

undecided about the cranks but if it rides well then im all for it :)

solid purchase mate ;)

Kreaky

Likes Dirt
Nice one Simo, looks tricky.

As for the People that don't like the cranks... seen peaty's new bike?? :D

-DAvo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CrAzY said:
Nice one Simo, looks tricky.

As for the People that don't like the cranks... seen peaty's new bike?? :D

yea i have, even thou its a sweet bike, the paint on it makes me wanna puke :p

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
The thing thats the most awesome about Simo's bike is the fact that just one glance at it, and anyone can tell who's it is and who Simo is! Few colours here and there, bitta tape, you know... I think the cranks are the only original kona bit left? :p

But it rides sweet, very smooth! Cant wait to ride those pikes mate!

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
those cranks are 1996 (or 97) square taper turbines baby...so so so bent but i can't afford new cranks and bb at this stage plus yellow's the new black....just you wait. Alex, they are the last of the kona bits.
price was cheap enough to make it worth it and a fair bit less than half to price of boxxer rides or fox 36's...hence me having pikes.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha. i didn't case any of those so bendage was not due to that.
The arch bent at long gully when I hit some soft stuff and sortta just lurched forward into the bars then over. It's most probably fixable (if it is just the arch) but with their lack of set-up options and tendancy to spike I thought it was time to move on.

Ps. that last pic ltr posted was just above the toilet on the train to adelaide.

bradh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
simo, your bike is farkin cool! i love those cranks. i wish raceface did diabolus cranks in yellow.