Most Expensive thing you've found and Returned???

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just found a Palm Pocket PC ~$1000 Rang a number on there labelled "home", they came over and I gave it to them. Got $5 and some karma.....(hopefully)

It had the guys sim card, contacts, notes, important emails etc.

Share your stories...

Will.

Last edited:

jarrad7

Likes Dirt
04' Norco DH
Rang the Police, abd they came and picked it up, and the owner contacted me and said Thanks...
I guess thats better than him seeing me riding it and wanting to punch me out.:rolleyes:

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Some bloke's keys. These had everything, car keys, house keys everything. It makes sense he probably lived in the general area, because he couldn't have been driving. Expensive if we'd wandered around long enough looking for the early 00's Magna, but we handed them into Westfield, as they had a Shop for your School tag on them, and they contacted him like that. Me and my mate left our phone numbers in case he wanted to say thanks...nothing.

shmeado

Likes Dirt
i didnt find it, but a while ago when me and my family was over in the US my sister found a massive wad of notes. It had to be about $1000 US. So we took it to the police. never found out what happened with it thou.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a family's passports, travelors cheques, 3 mobile phones and about 1000 in cash.

took it to the consulate general thingy in canbra (we was there for cracker night). a week or so later got a call from the owners, they took us out for dinner!

Binaural

Eats Squid
a family's passports, travelors cheques, 3 mobile phones and about 1000 in cash.

took it to the consulate general thingy in canbra (we was there for cracker night). a week or so later got a call from the owners, they took us out for dinner!
Same with me - turns out the stuff I found belonged to an opera singer who was working at the sydney opera house round about the time I was helping to design some new studios in there. A great way to say thanks, I reckon :)

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
not really expensive, more sentimental..i found this chicks dog walking almost a kilometer from her house and it was just following me. called the lady, she drove from work, picked it up, gave me $10. good karma was served i hope.

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Whilst skiing in Aspen two years ago a friends son found a wallet with over $5,000US in it. It had the guys name and number so they rang the number and told the person, his housekeeper, that they had found it so she told them where he was staying.

They rang the hotel and left a message. When he came to pick up the wallet he gave my friends son $500US and a pat on the head, he was small then. Then he took them out for dinner then next night.

He said that he felt it was good to teach the boy that good deeds will be rewarded.:)

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whilst skiing in Aspen two years ago a friends son found a wallet with over $5,000US in it. It had the guys name and number so they rang the number and told the person, his housekeeper, that they had found it so she told them where he was staying.

They rang the hotel and left a message. When he came to pick up the wallet he gave my friends son $500US and a pat on the head, he was small then. Then he took them out for dinner then next night.

He said that he felt it was good to teach the boy that good deeds will be rewarded.:)
That guy is a fucking legend, good on him!

Man, how mad would it have been for that little ticker. Thats awsome.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was a grommet and myself and my mate found a heap of plastic softdrink crates that had fallen from a delivery truck. Stinking hot day, many shuttle runs to local Charlie Carters supermarket with crates and the store manager takes our details. Several days later the delivery truck leaves a huge box (huge to a grommet) of those mini cans and a note thanking us at each of our homes. We were so stoked.

danielh

Likes Dirt
i found $600 hanging out of an atm once when i was younger, i wanted to keep it but my mum made me take it back and i got some free movie tickets.

berkyburger123

Likes Dirt
The guy next to me on the bus stood up and left his wallet (credit cards license etc) and when I handed it to him i realised how jam packed with bills it was and you know what, the guy didn't say anything, I even chased him off the bus and ran down the road after him to give it to him and he just snatched it and walked off.

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Agreed, that kid will always return things now, good on him!
When his Dad asked him what he was going to do with the money he said he was going to buy a dog. He had always wanted a dog but his folks wouldn't buy one and with his money he did. Loves that dog. It ends up being a good lesson for him and others who see it.:)

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
I was buying about $43 worth of items at a Home Depot store, when the casher was momentarily sidetracked by her phone (the work line not cell phone), and when she got back on task, she attempted to give me change for a $100 bill. I think I gave her about $45 for my purchase, and she was giving change as if I gave her a $100.

I gave her the money back, and said that I thought she only owed my about $2. She looked me and kind of smiled and said “Thanks, I would have gotten fired for that one.”

No reward, but some good karma and the feeling that I did the right thing…

Arete

Likes Dirt
We'd just got back from a dive trip and some lady dropped a reportedly $30K engagement ring off the back of her fiance's boat.
We threw on our dive gear and went for a look, found it in about 10 mins.
The couple were ungrateful bastards, we should've kept the ring and sold it for beer money.

tombre2

Likes Dirt
a key left in a ducati, i left a not on the bike saying the key was in a store across the street. donno what happened though