Moto GP.

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
How good was the qualifying last night! Gonna be a good race I think. Lorenzo or Pedrosa to win over the other, Lowcrutch third I reckon. Maybe throw Bradl in for fourth, Rossi to fall trying to keep up with his team mate.. ha! Moto2 is going to be an awesome race too! Man I love Mugello.

rone

Eats Squid
I reckon this year is Pedrobot's best chance for the championship. Before Marquez really hits his straps.

Pedrosa 1st, Crutchlow 2nd, Lorenzo 3rd.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Marquez crashing out 3 laps to go, out that threw the championship battle open for him, his really going to need to smash it and hope for some poor pedrosa results to have a chance of winning. I wonder what happened exactly, he had a little buffer between pedrosa and that corner is pretty smooth, tires just gave out on him by the looks.

Lorenzo wow, destroyed that race enough said.

Rossi, such a bummer for him, something that wasn't his fault and damn was that a heavy crash, both pretty lucky to walk away from that one.

Crutchlow is going to be the dark horse this year for me. His got the speed on some tracks to podium and others he is usually in 4th anyway. His consistency is a big threat to those ahead, if they crash out his going to slowly move up that leader board.

Ducati, good to see them really sorting their issues out, finally look like they are getting it together.

I missed the moto 2 and 3, what were they like. Ill catch the reply is worth the watch?

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Marquez crashing out 3 laps to go, out that threw the championship battle open for him, his really going to need to smash it and hope for some poor pedrosa results to have a chance of winning. I wonder what happened exactly, he had a little buffer between pedrosa and that corner is pretty smooth, tires just gave out on him by the looks.

Lorenzo wow, destroyed that race enough said.

Rossi, such a bummer for him, something that wasn't his fault and damn was that a heavy crash, both pretty lucky to walk away from that one.

Crutchlow is going to be the dark horse this year for me. His got the speed on some tracks to podium and others he is usually in 4th anyway. His consistency is a big threat to those ahead, if they crash out his going to slowly move up that leader board.

Ducati, good to see them really sorting their issues out, finally look like they are getting it together.

I missed the moto 2 and 3, what were they like. Ill catch the reply is worth the watch?
Moto3 was AMAZING. Best race I've seen for a long while. Moto2 was good, not as tight as I was hoping for, but god I love the noise those Honda engines make...

I don't think you can not blame Rossi for that crash any more than you can blame Bautista, equally at fault, eesa racing. Marquez crash was an interesting one, I guess he doesn't know when to back off when the Bridgestones start to lose their grip. By fuck, he's learning fast though. He's also pretty damn lucky to have walked away from that crash in practise with only a super heroes chin to show for it!

driftking

Wheel size expert
Busted collarbone for Lorenzo. Interesting....

Maybe this is Pedrosas year?
Also opens it back up for marquez if pedrosa happens to have issues, its a hard call it only takes one crash for pedrosa to level the playing field back with everyone else again.
Im curious to see when lorenzo will be back too, he only has 2 weeks till germany and 3 till america. Id expect he would be back for indy though.

The pressure is going to be on pedrosa to capitalize on these races, ideally I want to see marquez take this season out just because it would an amazing historic event. Bu for pedrosa's sake he needs to take these races and just finish strong, his got a massive opportunity to take the pressure off the rest of the season and not need wins but just top 3 or top 5 while simultaneously dumping all the pressure on lorenzo. Should be interesting to see how he takes these next few races.

With marquez already 30 points behind this is a critical time for pedrosa and should make the upcoming race interesting

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Also opens it back up for marquez if pedrosa happens to have issues, its a hard call it only takes one crash for pedrosa to level the playing field back with everyone else again.
Im curious to see when lorenzo will be back too, he only has 2 weeks till germany and 3 till america. Id expect he would be back for indy though.

The pressure is going to be on pedrosa to capitalize on these races, ideally I want to see marquez take this season out just because it would an amazing historic event. Bu for pedrosa's sake he needs to take these races and just finish strong, his got a massive opportunity to take the pressure off the rest of the season and not need wins but just top 3 or top 5 while simultaneously dumping all the pressure on lorenzo. Should be interesting to see how he takes these next few races.

With marquez already 30 points behind this is a critical time for pedrosa and should make the upcoming race interesting
If Haga can ride with a collarbone broken into 4 places, I'm pretty sure Lorenzo will be back by Sachsenring. That is the kind of thing championships are made of.

Still, if a few people fall off in the race, there is always the chance that Rossi could Bradbury a podium...

WaLLy04

Likes Bikes
My thoughts are, that if pedrosa can't get himself to the front in the first five or so laps, he will drop his bundle, and just circulate...
Being a big Crutchlow fan I hope he pulls the hole shot and rides away, but I think Marquez will put the pressure on him and he will eat shit, this opening the door for a Marquez victory...
And who knows Rossi might just flick the switch and carve himself onto the podium, that is of course if Dovizioso doesn't kick him off on his way through.....

driftking

Wheel size expert
So I was thinking collarbone 8 weeks should
Be back in 3, turns out Lorenzo is considering racing tomorrow from 12th on the grid if its dry.

WaLLy04

Likes Bikes
You would think the pain he will go through trying to fight the pack just to get minimal points isn't worth it, he would be better of saving himself for Sachsenring in a two weeks...
Those without pay tv, moto3 is on at 8 then will have to wait till after F1 qualifying for moto 2 and GP, starting at 11:30...

rone

Eats Squid
If Lorenzo goes out tonight, does one lap and then retires, doesn't that then give him another engine over his allotted allowance without losing any points? Can't quite get my head around it.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If Lorenzo goes out tonight, does one lap and then retires, doesn't that then give him another engine over his allotted allowance without losing any points? Can't quite get my head around it.
No idea but what he just did is incredible. That man is the defenition of grit your teeth and get on with it.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Wow.
Great race.
+1.

Lorenzo- dont think anything needs to be said, what a machine, clearly in a tonne of pain at the end.
Crutchlow, to think where he could have been if he wasn't held up by Lorenzo for so long, amazing speed from him. Nice little love tap on marquez tire.

Marquez, im stoked I want him to win this year.
Can't not be happy for rossi though, been too long since we have seen this form from him, hopefully he will now be a recent player in the top battles.

I think its interesting, it started after the last update to the yamaha but it really seems like they have surpassed the honda now, they really picked up their straight line speed you could see with lorenzo on the bike in the past and they just seem to have the edge, honda better find something in the corners.

great race :)

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I have to wonder if Lorenzo has greatly prolonged his healing though. Seemed a great decision he (and Pedrosa etc) made work well for him.
What a champ, and yeah shame he didn't let Crutchlow through.

WaLLy04

Likes Bikes
Yeah with the speed Crutchlow was putting down if Lorenzo had of let him through when he first come up on him, he would have had an extra three laps nipping at Marquez...
And credit where credit due Rossi flicked the switch and rode himself to victory, good on him, big effort...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
On April 21st I shattered my collarbone. On May 7th I had a titanium plate put in with eleven screws. For the six weeks after the surgery I was in a sling to restrict the movement of my shoulder so the bone had a great chance of calcifying and growing back together. During that time my muscles all went soft, my joints hurt but I was only on pain medication for three days. The collarbone itself felt secure but the nine inch incision covered in staples to hold it all in was the one I needed to look after.
I felt so bad for Lorenzo when he hit the deck but what unfolded with his determination over the weekend was so inspiring. When he got wheeled into the garage on his bike after the race and slumped over, something in me twigged and I felt so good. I knew that what he had just done was probably one of the most amazing things I've seen in any sport and I had tears rolling down my face. Some will call is stupid what he did but I think it is a credit to his surgeon and medical team to put him in that position. I had one of the best guys in the southern hemisphere repair my shoulder and let me tell you, at 36 hours after my surgery I had no fucking intention of doing ANYTHING.
I hope Lorenzo wins the championship by a handful of points this year and makes that massive decision he made at Assen all worth it. What a champion of racing, what an inspiring guy.