Moto GP.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Fully. I had my collar bone plated last year too. and no way was I doing anything after surgery(Although my shoulder blade was also snapped).
Very inspiring.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Some will call is stupid what he did but I think it is a credit to his surgeon and medical team to put him in that position.
I think that will sort it self out over the next few races and we will see what his determination has done. Just hope his not putting his future on the line and risking some serious permanent damage.

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
On April 21st I shattered my collarbone. On May 7th I had a titanium plate put in with eleven screws. For the six weeks after the surgery I was in a sling to restrict the movement of my shoulder so the bone had a great chance of calcifying and growing back together. During that time my muscles all went soft, my joints hurt but I was only on pain medication for three days. The collarbone itself felt secure but the nine inch incision covered in staples to hold it all in was the one I needed to look after.
I felt so bad for Lorenzo when he hit the deck but what unfolded with his determination over the weekend was so inspiring. When he got wheeled into the garage on his bike after the race and slumped over, something in me twigged and I felt so good. I knew that what he had just done was probably one of the most amazing things I've seen in any sport and I had tears rolling down my face. Some will call is stupid what he did but I think it is a credit to his surgeon and medical team to put him in that position. I had one of the best guys in the southern hemisphere repair my shoulder and let me tell you, at 36 hours after my surgery I had no fucking intention of doing ANYTHING.
I hope Lorenzo wins the championship by a handful of points this year and makes that massive decision he made at Assen all worth it. What a champion of racing, what an inspiring guy.
Couldn't agree more, incredibly inspiring, the exhaustion and pain as he couldn't even get off the bike and was wheeled in on it told a lot.

From back in his 250 days when he punched out one of his mechanics and was an absolute little f*&kwit to this. Good transformation. Still I hope he pisses off his "black mamba" bullshit next time he wins.

Hats off to the bloke, as you said Dozer, I hope he wins the championship this year. Be interesting to see if Pedrobot was just having an off weekend or his fight is starting to wain a little.

You'd have to say, this is Dani's last gasp at taking the title he has hoped for for so long, Marquez will be a force to reckoned with (as he is already) from this year forward.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Couldn't agree more, incredibly inspiring, the exhaustion and pain as he couldn't even get off the bike and was wheeled in on it told a lot.

From back in his 250 days when he punched out one of his mechanics and was an absolute little f*&kwit to this. Good transformation. Still I hope he pisses off his "black mamba" bullshit next time he wins.

Hats off to the bloke, as you said Dozer, I hope he wins the championship this year. Be interesting to see if Pedrobot was just having an off weekend or his fight is starting to wain a little.

You'd have to say, this is Dani's last gasp at taking the title he has hoped for for so long, Marquez will be a force to reckoned with (as he is already) from this year forward.

Agreed with the pedrosa comment... We are seeing the number of proverbial nails in his professional coffin grow in number. Next year will be his last on a factory bike if he does not win. I believe he has a contract till end of 2014.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agreed with the pedrosa comment... We are seeing the number of proverbial nails in his professional coffin grow in number. Next year will be his last on a factory bike if he does not win. I believe he has a contract till end of 2014.
I don't thinks so, Pedro is still a damn good rider, it just so happens that his team mate is a freak show. Pedro is still easily one of the top 5 riders on the grid, he won't get dropped. He's still a consistent high point earner for the team.

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
I don't thinks so, Pedro is still a damn good rider, it just so happens that his team mate is a freak show. Pedro is still easily one of the top 5 riders on the grid, he won't get dropped. He's still a consistent high point earner for the team.
He should though, other than when he had a far superior team mate that kicked his arse into gear (stoner), the closest he has been to deciding the world champion, on arguably THE best team and bike on the grid, is when he punted Hayden off and almost ruined his chance.

Seriously, without Puig and his unholy hold on Honda, Dani would've been kicked to the weeds long ago. If he doesn't get it this year, I reckon next will be his last in the Repsol team. It should be anyway.

I really hope this isn't his mental strength unravelling, but look to qualifying, he had plenty of time to get back to the pits and get out to try for pole, yet he strolled back and sat down watching four other people go faster and drop him down the grid. Maybe he can see the writing on the wall? Who knows? But too many times Dani circulates on track, gets passed and doesn't fight back.

Sachsenring will show us whats what, the kid can bang there, if Marquez (and god forbid a broken Lorenzo) show him up there, I'd say we're watching him giving up.

I sincerely hope it aint the case, I'd love to see him show some of that fighting spirit he had towards the end of last season!

driftking

Wheel size expert
Id put ped as a top 3 rider right now, I think marquez is seriously challenging that but not quite there yet, with seasoning though he will surpass him soon.
If we were to say honda was going to drop ped, who would you suggest takes his seat? Who would be a better chance rider?
I doubt anyone from yamaha or tech3 will go there, And I don't think the two ducati riders are as good as ped is. who else in the field has the potential to be a better fit?

I could only see them potentially grabbing a moto2 rider but unless someone shows the skill marquez has its a long shot.

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
Id put ped as a top 3 rider right now, I think marquez is seriously challenging that but not quite there yet, with seasoning though he will surpass him soon.
If we were to say honda was going to drop ped, who would you suggest takes his seat? Who would be a better chance rider?
I doubt anyone from yamaha or tech3 will go there, And I don't think the two ducati riders are as good as ped is. who else in the field has the potential to be a better fit?

I could only see them potentially grabbing a moto2 rider but unless someone shows the skill marquez has its a long shot.
Bradley Smith? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

HAAAAAAAAA!

That is a tough one to answer though, but I reckon that overall Pedrosa really needs to bring it and this is the best chance of a title he has ever had, if he doesn't do it this year, he never will. With the amount of years he has had in that position in that team to not win the championship? He's had his chance, give someone else a go. Marquez will ride rings around him from later this season I reckon and next season, Pedrosa won't even know which way he went.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately what has kept ped at Honda this long is puig and the undeniable fact that he is Spanish and he rides for a Spanish sponsored team. For a long time he has been the only Spanish rider that repsol would throw there money behind. Remember Lorenzo came after dani and Casey.

Spanish pride and and sheer advertising mileage in their prime market... Spain and surrounding European countries has meant the bulk of their dollars was best spent on him. Now Marquez is in the mix they will immediately gravitate their money to him. He is younger and far more marketable as a product. This was exactly the reason dovisioso was pushed out when they shrank. The reason why a VERY qualified rider like crutchlow was overlooked for the Moto 2 rider. The door was never even opened to him. Dovi and crutchlow were left to scrap over the Ducati factory ride.

This has gone on for years. It's a business and the people pooring the money in want the best value possible. Creville kept his job for years for this reason. Far superior riders were left on substandard yamaha's and suzukis.

Shame, but just he way it is and has been since the early eighties.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Was coming in to point that out, beaten to the punch.

The pain must have been excruciating, what is he two weeks out of surgery with a full moto race the day after, can't imagine he would be remotely healed. So his definaitly out this time?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Bugger, I feel for Lorenzo but at the same time I kind of expected that any sort of fall would result in this at any time this year as he would be so fragile until the thing heals in twelve weeks minimum. Pedrosa bailed because he was concussed and dizzy still but he too has a collarbone injury, a hairline crack I read?
Marquez nailed that race. I wanted Crutchlow to catch him but he controlled it and kept it at two seconds. What a great future that kid has.

No Skid Marks

Anyone know how to watch this mornings qualifying that was on channel one(ten) at 6:30?

No Skid Marks

Poor Pedro. Would Pedo have crashed if Marq hadn't run wide? Ultimate dummy maneuver? LOL
Exciting racing.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Poor Pedro. Would Pedo have crashed if Marq hadn't run wide? Ultimate dummy maneuver? LOL
Exciting racing.
I don't think so but it wasnt Marquez fault it was ped getting on the gas too early, why did he get on te gas early? Maybe it was because Marquez was right there but maybe he would have crashed anyway. Either way it was still peds own decision that lead to that crash.

Disappointed though he looked so fast we keen to see him pass Lorenzo an see what would have happened.
On the plus side stoked for Marquez Rossi. Bautista and bradl had good races too.

According to news reports Marquez says he brakes because he saw he was touching dani, so that's interesting, but even though the bike was a little unsettled it got straight back into it, I don't think that had anything to do with the crash personally

Anyone for words from dani?

Just cant get into the motogp this year.

Rode down last year, camped at the track, platinum tickets, had an awesome time.

This year = no love.

Been following since late '80s early '90s, the thrill is gone.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Just cant get into the motogp this year.

Rode down last year, camped at the track, platinum tickets, had an awesome time.

This year = no love.

Been following since late '80s early '90s, the thrill is gone.

Ditto on the "no love"

I've read a lot of things about the last couple of seasons that has jaded me.

No Skid Marks

Politics etc aside, was some good racing last night in all categories IMO.
.1383194_10200877442244424_725297966_n.jpg
OHHHHHHHH broken traction sensor wire on Peds bike. Did it happen before or after the crash?????

Last edited: