MotoGP 2011

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Top work by Stoner to tie it up on his birthday.
I feel for Lorenzo, but as they say, " To finish first, first you must finish." (Or in his case start.) The track surface was the most bumpy I can recall seeing it; at least it's the same for every competitor and Linfox have announced the track will be resurfaced over December and January.
To build a near on 7 second lead was a great tactic by Casey as it allowed him to back it off on the wet laps and still finish more than 2 seconds in front.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Just caught the moto2 reply ... spewing for bradl ... Marquez ... what a run ... last few laps were so tense.

I only caught a bit of the marquez crash on the news ... but what happened ... heard comments re: race crew were silly sending him out with so little time or some such. (sorry I haven't search)

dog boy

Likes Dirt
yer, even tho he is Spanish Im cheering marques on do not want bradl to win so pretty disappointing about the penalty but coming 3rd from the back of the grid :O. I believe what happened was Basically what happened was he crashed out earlier in qualifying, the team managed to get a second bike set up for him a couple of mins before the end of quallie. By the time he made it out the pits and round he crossed the line with 30 seconds so he only had one lap to lay down a good time. most other riders were on a "cool down lap" and he was flying rider was going slow across the racing line marques ran straight into him.

dog boy

Likes Dirt
RIP Simoncelli. Watching GP isnt going to be the same now. Such a shame because he would have done so well next season especial with the added advantage he would have had on the 1000.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Damn
Sad news.
I've watched practically every GP for the last 20 years - this season I had thought that Marco was going to be one of the true characters of the sport.

Rest easy Marco

finksta

Likes Dirt
Such a sad, sad day. Such a talented rider, a real 'elbows out' racer. I'll miss watching him race, I thought he was set for a great season on the 1000cc next year. RIP Marco, you'll be missed by many.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Rip Marco.

This incident precipitated a conversation with my son (5) I'd hoped to have much further in the future. All I could offer him was that Simoncelli had spent his life pursuing his dreams and that makes his life, however brief, well spent.

Don't die wondering fellow Farkiners; chase those dreams.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Rip Marco.

This incident precipitated a conversation with my son (5) I'd hoped to have much further in the future. All I could offer him was that Simoncelli had spent his life pursuing his dreams and that makes his life, however brief, well spent.

Don't die wondering fellow Farkiners; chase those dreams.
Exactly right, might seem harsh but one of the better ways to go. RIP