MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

crash3

Likes Dirt
Baggers is crazy with a gamble like that for 1 point, was never on.

Great to see Miller get a regulation style win, hopes are high for a repeat at PI
Yeah desparation really screwed him over there. If he loses that championship to FQ by 9 or less he'll only have himself to blame.

And what a ride by Miller, just complete domination. Loved his comment in the pits too, "yeah I can ride a motorcycle sometimes". Never thought I'd see that sort of performance from him. In the first few laps when he overtook Martin, I thought 'oh yeah this'll only last 5 laps'. So happy to have been wrong there.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Was certainly Millers best win of his career. Was a text book race. The championship is wide open. Not the runaway quarteraro show I’d predicted.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Millers been a changed rider since he got the KTM locked in. No pressure to be a championship and development rider at the same time, all while fighting to keep your ride on a season-by-season basis.

beeb

Pretty cool that Ducati gave him the ok to do that. Good to see Petrux back on the MotoGP grid for another race too.

beeb

Interesting vid about different crank timing/firing patterns in ‘09-onwards Yamaha R1 streetbikes, and comparing to “Big-bang” 500cc and current MotoGP bikes.

To be honest, I never knew what the “Big-bang” nickname referred to until watching this!

Minlak

custom titis
Interesting vid about different crank timing/firing patterns in ‘09-onwards Yamaha R1 streetbikes, and comparing to “Big-bang” 500cc and current MotoGP bikes.

To be honest, I never knew what the “Big-bang” nickname referred to until watching this!
That’s why the cross planes have such a unique sound

Scotty675

Cable thief
After missing all of Friday due to late flight had a good day today. Bloody wet underfoot and bussing is a bit of a pain but it works. Casey Stoner was on the table next to us at dinner last night then saw these two snoozers today. Hats off to Jack, great to see him make time for his fans.
B87E1749-D6A2-40FB-BB82-7EC91ABABC61.jpeg
659C09ED-C6E7-481F-BFC2-1225AD2D9C7B.jpeg

beeb

Yeah was worth watching, I nearly switched off when Miller got taken out.

Spewin !
I was just pleased Miller didn’t take himself out at his freshly-named corner! Weird move to rename it while the recipient is still an active rider anyway IMO.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Such a good race, having 8-9 riders so close at the finish shows just how good everyone is and how good a flowy fast track is for racing.
A bit gutted for Zarco, he looked so smooth out on the track on Saturday that he actually looked slow, but was fastest almost every session. Didn't see what happened that caused him to drop almost all the way back..did he just get a shit start?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
The irony of being taken out in the corner you just had named after you the night before....oof, thats going to sting every single time.
Yeah... strangely on my very soft beach ride this morning, it occurred to me that what are the odds of Miller crashing on his own corner. At least he was the victim, and not the instigator of the off. It is a shame though, as he was going well, and was on the pace and in the leading group.

Weird move to rename it while the recipient is still an active rider anyway IMO.
I agree... at least Gardner, Doohan and Stoner are all world champs... Miller is a work in progress. Still it's better than it being called Honda corner.

But let's not forget that Doohan crashed on his named corner too, though I don't think it was named after him at that stage. BTW, one of the best near saves ever.

In my opinion, although Honda/Miller corner is by far my least favourite corner of the track, as you feel like you are basically stopped after the stupendous speed and lean angle of Casey, it and MG are why the beautiful fast flowingness of the track is still great for racing, as it concertinas the field and creates choke points that are great for passing opportunities.

Philip Island is amazing and to me... Lukey Heights is THE most fun you can have with you pants on. You can easily drift the rear with super control, and because of the elevation gain, be 100% sure you can save it, if you overcook it.

I still think the best passing moves of the day were Márquez's inside overtakes in between the double apexes of Southern Loop. he just did it over and over again. Not only gaining a place but totally screwing the drive into Stoner of whoever he passed.

Anyway, my current profile pic is of Honda corner... er, Miller corner.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Well what awesome weekend. Moto GP race was a well fought battle. Absolutely gutted for Miller, that’s racing but such a shame at home GP and tittle shot blown. Moto 2 was a one man show, I was sitting at Siberia and Alonso’s bike pulled out of there like it was on rails lap after lap. Although it was wet underfoot and bussing was a bit of a hassle I’d put it down as my best trip. This was helped mainly by the fact I got to chat with a few of the riders this year. Didn’t take any action shots this year though.
B879728F-BFA2-4157-A318-17DE055B1A7B.jpeg
34278A11-7571-4D15-90C0-5D5CFDDC08D5.jpeg
5414061C-8435-4FF7-8468-763B0B660CD0.png
02540284-F65A-413C-9B3F-449D2375FE79.png
2D212075-78DA-4F9F-B874-FD69650FCC70.png

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Haven't really been following MotoGP this year, but this popped up on FB, from the Aragon GP. WTAF??! I get they were sacked as a result, but it's absolutely incredible that a GP team would do that to another team, IMO. Those mechanics should have been ejected from the race immediately.

PI was wet, windy, cold, hot, dark and light. I even copped some snow and a heavy frost at a campsite on the way down.

i didn’t get to ride all the places I wanted to due to the rain but did get some in that was fun.

Organisers did a great job with the campground, the racing was epic and I’m ready to go again.

Jack stack in Q2, starting in 14th :(

Quatters to surrender the championship lead to Baggers, neither qualified well.

Maybe Q will slip Alex Marquez a lobster to spear another duc ?