Motorbike Appreciation Thread

covert wolf

Likes Dirt
A threads been started for cars so on this windy saturday afternoon ive decided to start a thread so everyone can post up a picture of either the motorbike they own, aspire to own, just like the look of or whatever.

Similar rules apply:
Rules are simple:
- 1ST and foremost, no bagging other peoples choices, all tastes are different. Deal with it, or don't hit the post button. (Unless its a scooter in which case ignore rule 1)
-2nd, every post must have a pic of a motorbike and a sentance about why you like it.
-3rd, you may comment about other motorbikes posted, but only in a positive light or not at all, and please don't quote images.

Im going to start with the Triumph Daytona 675. Not only does it look like one of the sexiest bikes ever made, its handling and performance is something to be rivalled even though its not the biggest bike. And its one of the sexiest bikes ever made :rolleyes:

jonozrx

Likes Dirt
Daytona 675... one of the sexiest bikes ever made
It certainly is :)

Here's a pic of me on my VFR400 (number 91). It's held together by cable ties and duct tape, but that's the way I like it - I'm faster when I'm not stressing about crashing an expensive bike. The handling is just magic, I was comfortable on it the first time I rode it :cool:

This is my old ZRX. I loved this bike, but just couldn't afford to keep it and go racing. I'll buy another one someday...

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
CT110, didn't change in 20 or something years. I had 2 with a 2 range gearbox once. Should've kept em.
Full faired Cagive 500GP bike, so sexy for it's time, don't think that's it in the lil pic with Mamola spinning it up.
If I had replaceable bones and an open checkbook, this'd be my ride. totally sick, if you don't know what it it, google it.
Bimotas Tesi and EGLI Honda GP bike, trick for the day.

Yamaha TZ750, flat tracker, worth a google, totally nuts.
Sooo trick, Ducatis single with a dummy clinder with a crank in it, not sure what happened with this, smashed singles racing in the day, then I lost track of it.

Last edited:

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ill just chuck two in the same picture, cause there both insanely awesome.
MV Agusta f4, any model or year, one below is the 2010. My dad has one, there amazing, fast as hell, the best looking current sportsbike in my opinion, the craftmenship in these is on a whole different planet to japanese bikes etc, they get a hell of a lot more attention than a gsx-r.
Other bike is a MV Agusta 750s, these things are amazing also, and worth a metric sh*tload, selling for around the 90K mark, if you know bikes, than you will appreciate it.

MV Agusta F4 & 750 Sport by KlausNahr, on Flickr

The 2008 Cagiva mito sp525 (a replica of the famous 500 racer shown afew posts above) Recently spent all my money and went half with dad on one, got a killer deal too:cool: . Its a 125cc 2-stroke and its screams, de-restricted it can hit 200km, check youtube if you wish. Also looks a million bucks, it has similar features to the Ducati Desmosedici and the same piant job found on MV Agusta's, the best of both worlds.

No Skid Marks

The 2008 Cagiva mito sp525 (a replica of the famous 500 racer shown afew posts above) Recently spent all my money and went half with dad on one, got a killer deal too:cool: . Its a 125cc 2-stroke and its screams, de-restricted it can hit 200km, check youtube if you wish. Also looks a million bucks, it has similar features to the Ducati Desmosedici and the same piant job found on MV Agusta's, the best of both worlds.
Does it still have the 7 speed gearbox?
Since I'm clogging this thread.
This is my old ZRX. I loved this bike, but just couldn't afford to keep it and go racing. I'll buy another one someday...

Here's a pic of the origonal Eddie Lawson replica your bike is styled off.
and the real deal that it's styled from.
[video=youtube;t4A306MeDDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4A306MeDDU[/video]

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Nah mate, its a 6 speed gearbox, clog away, keeps it interesting. Ill post more bikes later on.
They were never 7 speed hey? I'm delousional. 6 is still plenty to keep it zinging.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
t's not "cool"in any way shape or form.
which makes it a scooter :p

My father-in-laws ... yes plural ... are into Beesas ... I get never ending stories of Sydney speed way from the 50s and 60s ... you'll never guess that Fat Harold (and boy is he fat) was a speedway champion 7 years running.

Sooo ... have gotten an appreciation for Bantams

and army Beesas

the real father-in-law has 4 full and several partial armies ... and he still won't let me ride one ... bah

jrewing

Eats Squid
888sp4 Ducati - had one lined up tp import from NZ but was virtually impossible and financially limiting to bring in(Australia-the nanny country). Shame as it was to start my M/C collection. Was is there to say...

Went with the GSXR750F instead. first model GSXR. Little bit crazy it is, tacho starts at 3, skinny tyres, power hits like a two stoke and tankslaps like crazy.

NICK ATKINS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys. After seeing nerfs post i thought i should post my 1950 bsa bantam which i restored for my year 12 major work for automotive.

finished bike-

the power plant-

what i started with-

Last edited: