Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Minlak

Lockdowns have cut into the blowing hobo market
Spent the afternoon internet arguing with a guy on FaceBook that is adamant that they add crushed glass to the line marking now and they are no longer slippery because of it - And he knows its true cause his mate has been doing line marking for 30 yrs and they walk behind the painter and with a bucket of crushed glass and throw it over the painted surface. LoL

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Spent the afternoon internet arguing with a guy on FaceBook that is adamant that they add crushed glass to the line marking now and they are no longer slippery because of it - And he knows its true cause his mate has been doing line marking for 30 yrs and they walk behind the painter and with a bucket of crushed glass and throw it over the painted surface. LoL
It’s true, I know.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Sorry, but what or who is "hinge?"
Is a hinge a motorbike?

I haven't seen the movie "Stone" in a decade or more, so my motorbike lingo is a bit rusty
This is a Mountain bike forum, can you please talk slower

Thanks
Sorry a bit of a grave dig reply… I saw your post back then, and meant to get onto it… but dementia kicked in.

I’m old, and rode bikes of that era at the time… I was into Triumphs and most of my mates were too… but, back then the Yammy XS650 was the new kid on the block. The trumpies had plenty of issues but they definitely handled very well. I’ve never ridden an XS650 but some of my bike journo have… and the joke at the time was… it’s like the frame has a hinge in it. It was a common slander by old school tossers who didn’t want to acknowledge what was coming. At the time as a Triumphisti … I was one of them.

These daze… pffffft, ride what makes you smile.

PS… the only thing about the bike in nzhumpys post, that I would change immediately.., it has clipons… they’d be gone in a heartbeat

Last edited: