Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Minlak

custom titis
In case any one is looking I am selling a Garmin Zumo XT motorcycle GPS - Doesn't really fit anywhere to make a sale thread and wont go into details - PM me for info if you were thinking about one.

Got the "Chinese steering Damper today for the H2 not sure if I am going to fit it or not as I only have 3rd hand information that the bike needs 1 - I dont wheelie normally - even power wheelies so not sure yet.

Also getting it tuned next week so should bring the RWHP to around 220 I believe

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The speedo stopped reading the speed on my husky last weekend. Speedo was turning on when I hit a button but would switch off a couple of minutes later. Figured the sensor went. Picked one up from ktm dealer near work, around $100 or something and tacked on an extra 30mins to my commute home.
Do some faffing in the garage and swap it all over, all swapped over nicely. Run around the block annoying the neighbourhood except for that one pimply 15yr old wearing a monster flat brim cap, speedo still doesn’t bloody work. Return to garage, park up bike on stand and go watch first episode of Shogun instead because that’s more enjoyable than dealing with the fact I’d just blown $100 and she’s still cooked.

Episode finishes (holy shitballs batman what a good adaptation of the book), Jabubu “why tf is speedo not working with new sensor husavarnatm 300” and get hit with the “CR2032 battery in speedo goes flat and speedo stops reading”. Throw old sensor back on, then shoot off to officeworks before they shut, $10 later for a pack of two and all of 0.3 seconds changing the battery and yup, stupid prick works straight away.

Ultra Lord

Too make myself feel better I bought front rotor/pads and a gasket kit cause I’m gonna spend this rainy ass weekend cleaning/setting the power valve cause I was too lazy to do it when I threw a piston at it.
Also gonna try the angry PV spring and see what happens, currently running the middle spring with some preload taken off it but life just isn’t stressful enough so lets make it hit harder for when I’m trying to pick my way through a creek on some “hard enduro” track I’m getting taken to next weekend. Obviously 300’s need more uggaduggas right.
Could be good or could end in tears, I will report back.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Got the ZH2 tuned yesterday - The guy doing the tuning is so passionate about the work he does it was a real pleasure to deal with him. They are a rarish bike to find anyway and he has 1 / his brother in law has 1 / and he has tuned 4 others.
he went so far above and beyond what I have seen or heard of any other "Tuner" doing. The only crap thing is I haven't been able to ride it since due to all the rain.

Ended up with 210 RWHP up from 178 - The best he had was 226RWHP then dialed it back as I wanted it to be super safe and was not chasing out right hrrrspers anyway

They dyno pull in 4th gear btw so that's 211Kms / hr in 4 th

Tune JPG.JPG

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Got the ZH2 tuned yesterday - The guy doing the tuning is so passionate about the work he does it was a real pleasure to deal with him. They are a rarish bike to find anyway and he has 1 / his brother in law has 1 / and he has tuned 4 others.
he went so far above and beyond what I have seen or heard of any other "Tuner" doing. The only crap thing is I haven't been able to ride it since due to all the rain.

Ended up with 210 RWHP up from 178 - The best he had was 226RWHP then dialed it back as I wanted it to be super safe and was not chasing out right hrrrspers anyway

View attachment 408389
Such a solid torque curve in that! it might just do..

Ultra Lord

View attachment 408389
Yeah well my F800GS has like 80hp so there.

Minlak

custom titis
I was just thinking I need to buy some brake cleaner - lol - I thought maybe the front pistons on one side were not retracting properly- when moving the bike into or out of the shed you get the occasional rotor rub - mentioned it to the Tuner on Friday and he said he would have a look - but warmed me
On the ZH2 most likely a warped rotor.
When I picked bike up he informs me that when the shop up here did the fork seals they didn’t put the bike back together properly and he fixed it.

This also prompted me to get the full workshop manual for my bike - back to working on my own stuff again it seems.

Luckily some guy on a Facebook page had juts bought the manual and he scanned it into pdf and was selling copies for $30 instead of having to pay $400

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Yep running rim lock. I was using 2 borrowed levers that were just a PITA shape, so got a couple of flat / spoon ones and 1 curved (Seems to be what people were sing in the video's I watched). And taking smaller bites at it seems to be the go - hopefully I'll get the parts and time to have a crack again next week.
FU MX tyres!!!! Was all going smoothly but managed to snag the tube (again) right at the end - threw 100ml of tyre sealent in there and walked away. (It sealed but that's not the point) It is so frustrating!!! Young fella was gutted as he was the one to nick the tube.

Ultra Lord

FU MX tyres!!!! Was all going smoothly but managed to snag the tube (again) right at the end - threw 100ml of tyre sealent in there and walked away. (It sealed but that's not the point) It is so frustrating!!! Young fella was gutted as he was the one to nick the tube.
Time for a mousse.
Good luck pinching those bastards.

Good luck fitting them too haha! I have no idea how Jess Gardiner nails it so easily. She’s such a weapon on the spoons.