mountainbiking on 60 minutes

Mojo

Likes Dirt
haha after all that build up it wasnt to bad, they showed the real sport behind freeriding and didnt have anything negative to say about, as the mum said accidents happen, which is true, his a lucky kid, really impressed with they way the story and sport was portrayed through that segment

browneye33

Likes Dirt
I'm picking that if he had of been wearing body armor that would have helped more than a couple of those internal injuries...

Last edited:
does anyone know if cris is a farkineer? wouyld be good to hear from himself and have a convo with the man .

maybe he'll be on the 60 minute forum after the show?

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd say letters should still be wrote in even though it was positive, but the letters should be to express how good it was to see Mountain Biking on their show and how we'd like to see more.

Ited be good to see them do an Aussie Downhill story on someone like James Maltman climbing through the ranks, and film with some Brisbane boys (like that mischievous 10 000 post crew we all know!) . Then do a chick to, like Tracey Hannah and film with some Cairns people (obviously doesn't have to be James M and Tracey H, just the first examples that came to my head). Then chuck in some Downhill race footage!

60 Minutes may be full of lame media sensationalism, but all media is like that these days. If you get them to do a positive story like that then you'd get alot of general audience people watching, and hopefully a few news stations and other similar shows and the like would catch on. Could be an idea!

By the way, havn't even seen the story yet.. but everyones saying it was positive :D

Rik

logged out
Not a bad story at all... of course you can't do anything but expect the worst from such a show. Big up yourself to the bloke that kept the camera running all the way through the crash and rescue operation, as well as getting hospital footage too. Good work mate, you're a thinker when it comes to making a good video :)

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
that was a really great story..........

i was sitting here watching waiting for the bike bashing. So surprised that they didnt

The story gave me goosebumps, ive had stacks just like that, scary stuff.

Glad to here is ok and thinking of getting back on the bike:)

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
that was a really great story..........

i was sitting here watching waiting for the bike bashing. So surprised that they didnt

The story gave me goosebumps, ive had stacks just like that, scary stuff.

Glad to here is ok and thinking of getting back on the bike:)
Youve crashed 70 km/h upper body first into a tree without body armour more than once?

Sam02

Likes Dirt
What a champ. You can chat to him at 8:30 on the 60 minutes website. Sign this bloke up to farkin!

meatlovers

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha after all that build up it wasnt to bad, they showed the real sport behind freeriding and didnt have anything negative to say about....
Yeh, your right, but at the start they said "This sport is total madness" if that counts.

freeridersharpy88

Cannon Fodder
Does anyone know this "Chris Barlow" dude that got fuck up ??? alot of the footage was shown form my local ride spot and i would like to contact him?????

Sam02

Likes Dirt
im in the chat room now, along with a few other farkers. How good was the line, " leaves BMX bandits in the dust" ahhhhhh