Moved to VIC and looking for frieeeeends :(

G'day fellas, basically my love for mountain biking is getting stronger and stronger, so much so that it now dictates what I do with my life and where I go (to a large degree). Having grown up in the blue Mountains of western Sydney, I had some awesome trails riding distance from my house and a big crew of mates (who are still my mates) that I'd go riding with after work when the light permitted or on weekends. We even had our own shuttle trailer for downhill runs, was great!

Riding with a group of like minded people on a similar competance level to you will always be 10 times better than riding by yourself because the banter is great, you push one another to ride faster, harder and to try new things. As great as my little mtb life in Sydney was, I hated Sydney. I hated everything else about Sydney. Being only 25 with nothing holding me down I thought I'd try out Victoria living for awhile, ride new/better trails, and get a cruisier job so I can focus more on training for potential races and just having fun on my bike.

So now I currently reside in beaaauuutiful Shepparton in northern Victoria. It ain't the most amazing town BUT it was the closest place to the majority of worthwhile trails, that was offering me a job. I have mt major in dookie and warrenbayne very close by, Beechworth 1.5 hrs away, bright, beauty, falls creek, harcourt, narbethong and more 2 hrs away, so it's not too bad. Only issue is I know no one here. Sure I meet people on the blue dirt shuttle days but this post is another attempt to reach out to other gravity enduro/ downhill shredders near or far that wouldn't mind having an extra person to ride with or heckle at on the trails. Now who wants to befriend me! (Please)

Koper25

Likes Dirt
If you're keen to meet new people and get some riding in come down for one of the build or ride days at Narby: ftfdh.com.au/ride-days

VDHS is a pretty good time too and will kick off again around October.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
I'm from Shepp and generally go to a shuttle day with another local guy most weekends. I'd say we will probably head to Bright this Saturday (weather dependent). Let me know and we can catch up with you there if you are interested.

I'm from Shepp and generally go to a shuttle day with another local guy most weekends. I'd say we will probably head to Bright this Saturday (weather dependent). Let me know and we can catch up with you there if you are interested.
Mate that sounds great! Was considering going back to bright this weekend aswell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
I ride at the You Yangs just about every weekend with a couple of mates.
More on the gravity side of riding. Fsdt and raggity.
Hit me up if you want to join us.
Bit of a drive I know but the Youis are worth a trip.
You mentioned Hatcourt. Dunno if you’ve made it their yet bit I found it very very Xc oriented with a crap load of climbs without the rewarding descents.

I ride at the You Yangs just about every weekend with a couple of mates.
More on the gravity side of riding. Fsdt and raggity.
Hit me up if you want to join us.
Bit of a drive I know but the Youis are worth a trip.
You mentioned Hatcourt. Dunno if you’ve made it their yet bit I found it very very Xc oriented with a crap load of climbs without the rewarding descents.
Sounds good mate I'll see how far it is! Haven't been to harcourt yet but that's disappointing to hear! It looks quite good on the instagram page haha

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Buxton is better bang for your buck climbing wise for descents than Harcourt.

There is nothing remotely hard about any of the climbs there and there are some really nice downs!

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Yea it looks pretty cold. You fellas do laps of the dookie dh track much?

Only really go there on the GVMTBC (Goulburn Valley MTB Club) shuttle days. There should be one coming up in the near future.

It's ok for XC, but the climbs are pretty brutal - no warm up, straight into it.