Mr Dirt Gizmo Chainguide ?

eerrggh

Likes Dirt
has anybody got a 'Mr Dirt Gizmo Chainguide ' or had one. i'm looking around at the moment and these seem to be cheep so if anyone has a comment o them?

thx

Who Needs Brakes

Likes Bikes
Mate seriously, give www.dhdirect.com.au a look, they have these "Black Spire" chainguides for $199. I got 1 on my 05 AC & havent looked back easy to put on & line up, hasn't let me down yet.
Hey you'll pick up a 38T chainring fo sweet bugger all also.

DHdog

Likes Dirt
my mate has had his gizmo for about 4-5years and he's never had a problem with it..
if the price tag is around the two hundred mark for the gizmo,well i personaly would be buying an E13

LBD

Likes Bikes
Hope your handy with the tools, have been running the same unit for 5 years now, they're great once you get the chainline set correctly, otherwise they can be a bitch.

On the bright side when they are set up ok, they are smooth and quiet to the point that you dont even notice they are there and they are infallible, they will never fail!

Oh the guides rollers are a plastic/nylon and just run "loose fit", so they can get gummed up and wear pretty quick if your not one of those people you clean the bike after each ride. I ended up making my own rollers out of teflon :cool:

The replacement nylon guides are usually over $100 alone, which Im almost due for, but these days I think the Gizmo's are out dated and dont really compare to the E13's which i'll be changing up to once this set of guides wears out...

er Having said that $100 for the whole unit... DAMN!:eek: Where???

micksta323

Likes Dirt
mr dirt guide

i've got one one, easy to set up, quiet, and securely holds the chain in place. the only negative i can think of is alloy plates not being as strong as plastic/makrolon ones.

mick.

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had one of these and it worked really well. This was a couple of years ago now though...
$100 is a bargain