MSC STAR Air downhill fork

Jordy

RYD4LF
no way are they light, those have the EXACT same outers as my old THE's and they are tanks

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Any bets they feel like crap... pretty impressive though!

Ryan

Radministrator
LTR said:
Air shock / fork technology has come along way in the last few years. If you get the chance to try a new generation air-sprung product like a 5th Element Air or a set of Marzocchi forks with the Doppio Air system I suggest you do, you'll probably be quite surprised at how plush and stiction free they are.

It's still not on a par with coil / oil stuff, but it's vastly better than the indescribably hideous feel of older stuff like early RS Sids and Fox Alps shocks.

dhd

Downhill Direct
I agree Ryan, and if they use the Kowa (the) externals they will be very impressive. I think Jordy will agree with me on this one......The Kowa forks are made to tolerances that are not usually adhered to in the MTB industry. The stanchion tubes for example are coated then polished to a mirror finish and re-coated and re polished to a glass like finish. Also the THE's are heavy mainly because there is a hell of a lot of spring and oil in them......Me? I'd like to have a play with some!

Demo Dave

Likes Dirt
chuckrockswell said:
LTR said:
Because MSC can't make World Cup competitive bikes?? :?
What? As if they aren't competitive, David Vasquez won the Calgary world cup round on an MSC bike and fork.

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alot of the factory rider using Boxxers raced specially modded air sprung forks. That's probably why their Boxxers actually worked..

I think it is a good idea, with the tech to back it up, I know I wouldn't complain to lose weight off my bike.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Demo Dave said:
chuckrockswell said:
What? As if they aren't competitive, David Vasquez won the Calgary world cup round on an MSC bike and fork.
i was wondering what the forks were all year, and now all has been uncovered. also, what bike is he on?

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
Demo Dave said:
chuckrockswell said:
LTR said:
Because MSC can't make World Cup competitive bikes?? :?
sorry dude, i didn't convey my sarcasm very well. i'm a huge mikael pascal fan so yeah......