Mt Annan rides

mtb1611

Seymour
Free entry for cyclists until the 25th of March. Track is open from 7am til' 6pm everyday.
Vehicle fees still apply though.

Might have to get out there to help bed in the track.
Where did you get this info? We had a chat with a ranger at the gate on Sunday and the info he "issued" us with contradicts your statement quite resolutely!

EDIT: just saw the message on facebook.

mtb1611

Seymour
A few of us are doing a few laps at 8am this Sunday, if anyone is keen for a spin you're more than welcome to join us. We'll be parking outside the main gate on Mt Annan Drive. Unless it rains of course; I don't want my hair to lose its shape.

taibo

Eats Squid
Did a few laps out there today. Humidity got the better of me :)
I must say I enjoy appin more. Found a few parts where the course had "speed humps" or "flow killers" just when you were about to get into it. Looks like they also fixed those rutted corners.

Last edited:

mtb1611

Seymour
Did a few laps out there today. Humidity got the better of me :)
I must say I enjoy appin more. Found a few parts where the course had "speed humps" or "flow killers" just when you were about to get into it. Looks like they also fixed those rutted corners.
Agreed taibo; while I'm really enjoying the course at the moment there are still a few obsatcles that get me thinking "Hmmmm, what's all that about?". In addition there are a few off-cambder corners that get me thinking "Hmmmm, a berm would REALLY fix this up". It's not a patch on Appin, but then again it's carved out of entirely different terrain, so that's to be expected. Having said that I must admit I've been heading out there a fair bit of late - can't be too bad then!

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Planning on heading out there tomorrow morning, I don't do stalkbook etc anyone know if it's back open after the recent rain?

metrics

Likes Bikes
Last update was on the 19th of June and it says that the trail is open.

The trail status is one of the only times I use facebook. Bit annoying that its on there only really.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Just a heads up that Mr Magpie is now back in action. I got swooped three times this morning on my second lap. Little bugger almost got me too, felt the draft on my shoulder.

markusm

Likes Bikes
Just a heads up that Mr Magpie is now back in action. I got swooped three times this morning on my second lap. Little bugger almost got me too, felt the draft on my shoulder.
Haha..... He got me too, I got swooped about 6 times on one lap, next lap he was nowhere to be seen.

Seems to be a bit early for magpie season. I thought it was towards the middle of spring before they started.

JayAche

Cannon Fodder
If anyone is interested in Stage 3 developments, there are now photos on the facebook page, complete with action shots.