Mt Buller - All you need to know

Bluedirt

Likes Dirt
Shuttles will be running on the DH trails and from Mirimbah to the Mt Buller Village continuously this weekend (1-2 Feb) with perfect 28-29 degree weather predicted.

If anyone want a spot on the shuttles, pre booking is essential: email: ride@bluedirt.com.au or call/txt: 0409161903

mickeytg

Likes Dirt
I'll be riding a Hardtail down most trails in a few weeks time. Mainly Copperhead and Delatite. Will think about a few others while I'm there. I've read a hardtail should be fine, anyone against this policy?

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be riding a Hardtail down most trails in a few weeks time. Mainly Copperhead and Delatite. Will think about a few others while I'm there. I've read a hardtail should be fine, anyone against this policy?
Take some spare tubes. You're bound to get a few pinch flats riding a hardtail.

John U

MTB Precision
I used to ride the river trail 18 years ago on a hardtail with judy xc's and canti brakes. I had a ball doing it. There were massive logs over the trail, no bridges, 6 ft drops straight into the delatite. It was a real adventure and awesome fun.

You should have a great time. You just won't be as fast as if you were on a dually.

Went to buller for the first time at the start of Jan and absolutely loved it!

Was riding with a mate on his xc bike whilst I was slugging it on my old specialized sx trail (single chainring).
First day we rode from the village to stonefly and then back to the village. It took a lot longer than what I was expecting! Pack lunch if your doing this big hike out that way in the morning! Had to walk many uphill sections especially on the way back to the village as my legs were fried. But overall the downhill section for stonefly and I think gang gangs? was worth the hike out there. It was amazeballs, couldn't get over how dialed the track was. Great work to all the people that had put in the effort to keep the tracks in mint condition.

Just rode the abom and copperhead dh tracks. Loved them! Buller has gotten me back into riding.

Will definitely be out there again in the future to spend a full day or two on the dh runs before winter comes around again.
If your thinking about going to Buller for the first time do it! Well worth it :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I spent Australia day at Buller on the Dh bike riding International, Abom and Copperhead. All awsome fun we are very lucky to have the chair lifts.

Would love to see a fourth trail constructed and try to attract more paying riders to be up there.

I have one suggestion build the berms at the bottom of the fire road on International a bit bigger so you can carry some warp speed!

Good times!

Bluedirt

Likes Dirt
Shuttles will be running this weekend at Mt Buller between 9:00am - 4:00pm on the downhill trails / Copperhead.

Shuttles will run continuously each day. Pick up point is Lower Tyrol Car Park (200m from bottom of DH trails) and drop off is at Spurs. Drive time to the top is 6 minutes.

1 Day: $50
2 Days: $90

Spots are still available so grabs some mates and come jump on board.

PRE BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL - ride@bluedirt.com.au 0409161903

Mt Buller

Likes Dirt
Chairlift is GO for 2014 Easter weekend!!

Confirmed for Easter 2014, the Northside Express chairlift will be operational Easter Saturday and Sunday, April 19th & 20th, servicing Mt Buller's DH trails. Operating hours will be from 10am till 4pm, full details click here.
And while your up shredding the trails over Easter don't forget to enter The Corner Store KING OF PUMP on the Sunday Night. On-line entry is only $10 with a $1000 cash prize to the winner! For all the juicy details on how to win the cash click here.
KOP LOGO.jpg
For a detailed Easter schedule of events for the entire family including the Mountain High Fun Run and the Cadbury Giant Easter Egg Hunt click here.

John U

MTB Precision
Confirmed for Easter 2014, the Northside Express chairlift will be operational Easter Saturday and Sunday, April 19th & 20th, servicing Mt Buller's DH trails. Operating hours will be from 10am till 4pm, full details click here.
And while your up shredding the trails over Easter don't forget to enter The Corner Store KING OF PUMP on the Sunday Night. On-line entry is only $10 with a $1000 cash prize to the winner! For all the juicy details on how to win the cash click here.
View attachment 287737
For a detailed Easter schedule of events for the entire family including the Mountain High Fun Run and the Cadbury Giant Easter Egg Hunt click here.
Right on Mt Buller. Yeeeehaaaa.

shore_2

Likes Dirt
Just got back from buller. Awesome place, well worth the drive. So much work going on in the village. Great coffee at the corner store. Pump track was fun. Love that it's so trail bike focused, not just gravity.
Few observations: The green loop is not easy or family friendly at all!
Copperhead could do with more jumps! less rock and eroded sections would be great too. It could be so much more fun with a tiny bit of work. I think I still like Thredbo's one more.
I couldn't find the climb back up so just used the road.
The Delatite needs some more erosion mounds (to stop erosion of course...)

Other than that great place with amazing scenery. Shame Mansfields caravan parks are so sad.

rustysteel

Likes Bikes
MASSIVE thumbs up to Blue Dirt Mountain Bike Shuttles! Did another day at Buller today after not being back since Feb and the trails are running SOOOOO good! Best I've ever seen them, International and Abom both perfect and tacky!

Blue Dirt were amazing with quick shuttles, good dudes, and better value and more runs than the chairlift ($50 for 20+ runs from 9-4 if you can do it - we did 16-17 from 9.30-3).....don't get me wrong however, I love the chairlift too.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting up there with them this month before the season closes!

Last edited:
MASSIVE thumbs up to Blue Dirt Mountain Bike Shuttles!
Props from our crew too. Super fast turn around time by Aaron and the crew! Trails up there are schweeet atm.

Was good to meet you guys yesterday too Rusty (Paul on the Glory)

Noelg

Squid
Yep i gotta agree BLUEDIRT shuttles are gold
, hats off to Aaron for a stellar job yesterday
Great guys also on the trails , John and I had a awesome day will definitly try and get back for one more session before end of season

rustysteel

Likes Bikes
Props from our crew too. Super fast turn around time by Aaron and the crew! Trails up there are schweeet atm.

Was good to meet you guys yesterday too Rusty (Paul on the Glory)
Yep, you too Paul, always makes it better riding with good crew - I'll pm you my number if you guys wanna hook up for some rides (we have a 5 bike shuttle trailer ready to go)