Mt Buller ...

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i've stayed at the Avalanche lodge a couple of times, it's cheap and there's a bar above where you're staying with a free pool table! only bad thing is the rooms aren't that flasy, but you can stay in bigger apartment like rooms wich are better.

you only really need to talk to someone at the altitude bike/snow shop that's up in the village, they will sort you out with a lift pass.

also, they're is cafe up the top where the tracks start and next to the chairlift which is where you can just chill and buy some drinks or food.

Last edited:

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i've stayed at the Avalanche lodge a couple of times, it's cheap and there's a bar above where you're staying with a free pool table!

you only really need to talk to someone at the altitude bike/snow shop that's up in the village, they will sort you out with a lift pass.

also, they're is cafe up the top where the tracks start and next to the chairlift which is where you can just chill and buy some drinks or food.
Cheers mate! :) Just had a quick look at the avalanche lodge's website, looks alright place to stay, since i'll only be crashing there the nights and riding all day ;) how far away from the lifts are they ..? Roughly.

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers mate! :) Just had a quick look at the avalanche lodge's website, looks pretty good place to stay, how far away from the lifts are they ..? Roughly.
they're a fair way down, you would have to drive up to the top carpark, they're are some other places to stay a bit closer, but it's still a pain to walk from anywhere to the top.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
they're a fair way down, you would have to drive up to the top carpark, they're are some other places to stay a bit closer, but it's still a pain to walk from anywhere to the top.
Alrighty sweet, thanks heaps mate! Will have a closer look into 'em, other suggestions welcome too!

cameron_15

Eats Squid
I stayed at the avalanche over easter with some mates. We rode down the hill and turned into a fire road thing that went to the chairlift. All downhill from the accommodation.

The bar was cool and the staff were really friendly.

dmc

Likes Bikes
The Alberg is on the same level as the top of the tracks just a quick push/ride over tickets can be purchased from the top of the lift. The Chalet and breathtaker are super expensive in Winter but there summer rates are not too bad. All that said dont get your hopes up to much about the season it will all come out soon im sure but we are looking at a much shorter season for the lift

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.mtbulleraccommodation.com/

And search dude. There is heaps of non-stickied stuff on Buller.:rolleyes:
Search ftw...

But to help you out, we stayed at the YMCA about 100m from the bike shop for $35/pp/night for a bed in a 4 bed room.

At that time of year you can get a 4 bed room to yourself, and then you can keep your bikes in your room.

The only downside is the lack of a communal area, so afte a day riding you can either chill in your room, or sit in the pub, but that's it... not couches, not TV, no kitchen, no pool tables... And when you don't have a kitchen dinner, lunch and breakfast get a bit expensive.

There is one chair that runs, you buy tickets at the bike shop... it's pretty straight forward really.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Search ftw...

But to help you out, we stayed at the YMCA about 100m from the bike shop for $35/pp/night for a bed in a 4 bed room.
Cheers mate :) All suggestions of places to stay is appreciated at the moment, pretty much just keeping my options wide open at the moment!

I did have a search too, the normal key terms ... didn't find much that related to me, a lot of 'buller vs thredbo' crap. Have refined my search a bit and found a few useful bits and pieces.

Lube

Likes Dirt
I stayed at the avalanche over easter with some mates. We rode down the hill and turned into a fire road thing that went to the chairlift. All downhill from the accommodation.

The bar was cool and the staff were really friendly.
Mad weekend. Lets do it again. New Years up there? Keen?