Mt Coramba trail maintenance 2009

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
By saying the pallet drop, ou mean the one that existed near the finish? If so, there is no way anybody is putting any timber work there! That stupid obstacle broke so many collarbones and made that section too slow. You can carry enough speed in there to cruise that little pedally bit. As a matter of fact, I'll clean that section up and we'll run it this weekend.;)
With the fire road after the stump jump bit, you need to have a look at the land right next to that road. I guarantee you'll look once and forget about building down there (which is closer to Karangi than MT Coramba..........big steep fall!).
I have a lot of work in mind but time and weather don't seem to favour me.

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
fair enough. if it sucked then theres no point rebuilding it, i recon. see if anyone else wants to run it before cleaning it up. you might get a bunch of boo's if nobody likes it.
Off to the right no good then. thats cool. ive never looked over there to be honest.
let me know when i can be of assistance and ill be there with shovel and pick in hand.:D

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
i wont be there for the cluby this weekend but ill definainatly be up the mountain in the hols some time, forbnmad, give me a bell so we can work somthing out, we have some awsome shute ideas from the top 2 the bottom, just my ideas so far..ill fill u in when i get back on wednesday next week.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
We had trouble accessing the hill last weekend as the bottom of the hill has had some work done to it. The road hasn't been repaired much further than the cattle grid at the bottom of the hill and it won't be fixed any time soon so please come along and help work on the road on the organised days. Your help is greatly appreciatted.;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
An update on the road............or the lack of road.:mad:
The rain has made the road barely passable and needs to be fixed badly. I am not interested in going up there while the road is stuffed and I'm not even going to consider fixing it for the next race as there is too much to do.
Cross your fingers and hope that the Forestry repairs it soon.................

ecd08

Likes Dirt
GOD, bloody forestry and mother nature!!! that sucks so you r sayin that if i get like a bunch of us blokes and do as much as we can this weeekdn it prolly wont be on for a while????? if not im gonna bust my arse to get the road as good as i can so the race will still go ahead. anyone who isss willing to help meet us at mt coramba on saturdy.or call me on 0413397961:cool:
hopefully we can fix it temporarily enough to have the race if dozer is cool with that??

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
oi elksy, um... i dunno what im doing on sat, but what are u doing today?? i think were both at home but niether of us have noticed.....

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
you havnt seen the road have you hayden. if you dont have a road crew and a grader, dont bother:rolleyes:. there is no road left to fill in. wait till forestry get in there and rebuild it and we can race again. untill then we're walking. enjoy your holidays everyone......if you get them.:D

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
you havnt seen the road have you hayden. if you dont have a road crew and a grader, dont bother:rolleyes:. there is no road left to fill in. wait till forestry get in there and rebuild it and we can race again. untill then we're walking. enjoy your holidays everyone......if you get them.:D
Thanks for listening and posting that! I know it landed on at least one person's head.............;)

binner

Hath shat hymself
shovel shifter

Anything else nearby that we can ride when were down next weekend?
you are going to have about 7/8/9 guys there with tools (siz not included with tools :D ) on Fri arvo...I'm sure we can help shift a lot of dirt if you want.....your call Dozer ;)

ecd08

Likes Dirt
hey im only trying to be helpfull and atleast get a ride in before i start work!!! i know that the council/forestry will take ages to get the road done so we can atleast help them out so it doesnt take them as long and i do know its too big of a job but any help would make it easier !

Last edited:

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
Hayden, the forestrys wont be doing any shovel work.... if they fix the road up, it will be with a grader and a roller....
Oh and binner, we dont need any dirt moved, we have a lack of dirt and to much rock everywhere, so unless you have a bobcat......

ecd08

Likes Dirt
i do realise that mountains are pretty much rock with dirt on the top layer......... but the council/forestry are to lazy to do anything so why not get them off their arse and actually make themselves feel bad that its taken them this long already to do somehting about the road!!!

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
that road is not that high on there list of priority items at the moment. all the roads that are used by forestry for logging are the highest priority for them. those roads got fixed first after the first lot of flooding and have now been trashed again, so they will be rebuilt first again. then all the other thousands of roads,tracks and trails will be selected by level of importance to be repaired. so dont hold your breath waiting for the crew to fix it cause it may not happen for a long long time yet. for the moment, by all means, start digging to get a drivable line going again( i'll be doing to same when i get some spare time). just dont expect anyone from council or forestry to notice or feel embarased. shitty situation but thats what we have been given to work with.:cool:

EMF

Eats Squid
Walk away

Hayden, the forestrys wont be doing any shovel work.... if they fix the road up, it will be with a grader and a roller....
Oh and binner, we dont need any dirt moved, we have a lack of dirt and to much rock everywhere, so unless you have a bobcat......
Ten guys Three girls and one trannie (Binner) 14 runs without prejudice.

Drinking it down

Last edited:

ecd08

Likes Dirt
hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahaah oooohhhhh man tha sooo bloody funny.. i want to do something bout the road so it will be a lot better on the 4wd but even the track itself(bike track) needs sooo much work done to it. i know its supposes do be a dh track but "jack off" or before the big kicker in the paddock that neeeds to be a little less rough even though its a dh track and all the berms could do with a reshape and a bit more dirt andf the tranny inbetween the 2nd last and last jump needs tobe scooped out and reshaped to. but thats only my opinion :)