Mt Gravatt Outlook Reserve Land Management Plan

norco01

Likes Dirt
So does this mean it could be even harder to get some legal trails up there?

A cafe and kiosk eh, looks like the amount of shit on the side of the road is about to increase even more. I left some feedback, but is it really going to make a difference? Somehow i dont think we are going to get trails up there like Coot-tha. Oh well.

scooter

Likes Bikes
So does this mean it could be even harder to get some legal trails up there?

A cafe and kiosk eh, looks like the amount of shit on the side of the road is about to increase even more. I left some feedback, but is it really going to make a difference? Somehow i dont think we are going to get trails up there like Coot-tha. Oh well.
From my quick and potentially uninformed reading of the plan it would appear that council is not against mountain bike trails in the area. They don't mention bikes explicitly if I recall correctly, but do mention minimising erosion impacts and user conflicts amongst other things.

I guess one could infer from this that council would support a mountain bike only downhill track/s if it were designed in accordance with best practice. On that logic, however, I could also infer that council would support pigs flying as it would reduce their impact on the local environs.

Oppy - as I understand it you're both knowledgeable in the ways of council and the tao of trails. Do you know what kind of feedback council is looking for at this time? Should I be saying "hey how about some bike trails too?" or making much more concrete suggestions?