MT Joyce opening day report + ride reports + updates

Fkahb

Likes Dirt
Ah huh!!!

I have just revisited the map we picked up. We where standing on the access road at the start of track 11 thinking it kept going to the top and then kept going over to the other DH tracks, but looking at the map now, I can see that the access road isn't the highest point, and the peak of Mt joyce is cut off the map. And back in the day I thought I was an awesome cub scout. Damn.

Turner Rail, yep that was my wife.
Hey Stu

Long time no see or ride! I threatened Shano that I might dust off the Haro and check out Mt Joyce with you blokes one day. Be nice to catch up with you.

Regards
Cam

Kingswood

Likes Dirt
Hey Stu

Long time no see or ride! I threatened Shano that I might dust off the Haro and check out Mt Joyce with you blokes one day. Be nice to catch up with you.

Regards
Cam
Eh nice one Cam, you should get on board for sure, would be great to catch up.

wattieez

Likes Dirt
Went out there today and with the help of ViS i navigated to the top and went down 1. It was great except that it was a bit slippery!
The trails are really good, some of the corners need a bit of work though

Note to people, if the gate is open at the car park don't drive up to have a look...you'll get locked in when you come back down 10 minutes later like i did :clap2:

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stay out of Mt Joyce while it is raining. Won't need much to be good to ride, maybe just a day. But the soil is clay or sand, so get destroys brake pads, gets in everywhere.

Had to ride it today to see, verdict, needs 1 or 2 days after this level of rain.

cressa

Likes Dirt
Busy day out there today on the trails and and with picnicers etc. Good to see it getting used so much.

taquar

Likes Dirt
Went out on saturday, and then again yesterday. Jesus it was dusty, the black run over the far side near 9 was EPIC, thanks to the guys who recommended it! Went down sergeants yesterday, and it was dusty as hell. The off camber rock gardens nearly took me out a few times, just kept sliding through the dirt... both days were awesome, but I did get a total of 30kms in yesterday, so very happy with that. Hoping to go back tomorrow, but I dont think so. :-(.

Is truly an epic place to ride, are more trails planned at all? Or has the limit been reached?

I noticed there didnt seem to be that many people there on sat, is everyone there early mornings?

If anyone saw a white morewood shova with pikes anywhere, say hi next time, that was me.