NSW MT Keira Build day!

bighitpat

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone,

as most of you who ride Wollongong tracks would know, Mt Keira road has been closed for sometime now which is leaving the tracks open to little riding and maintenance!

Everyone that has ridden there in the past knows that when the track is maintained it is one of the most fun tracks to ride!

I was thinking that I could organise a day or a weekend where we get as many riders as possible to all head up with a shovel and rake or two each and lend a hand to the track and make suitable changes for the track!

Also I think it would be good to have everyone up there building at once as a community because we can all share ideas and say what we like and dont like and agree how the track will be run. Instead of few people building only what they want and it turning into a big ruckus about who changed what and why. It will also stop riders from crashing from un expected changes to the track which I know has happened before and resulted in bad injuries.

If everyone is keen to lend a hand and have a dig one weekend soon let me know and we can all arrange a big track clean up/build day!

It can result in better tracks and more places to ride. Can also build the Mountain Bike community in Wollongong stronger.

All I can see is a positive outcome!

Who ever is keen leave a comment or PM me!

Open to ideas and opinions!

Cornik

Likes Bikes
Tracks

Sounds like a great idea, would be great to get all the Wollongong MTB people together, not only getting trail work started but organising a body of like minded people to take mtb ideas to the council and access issues due to the closed Mt Kiera road. Also using the scout camp as a base for mtb in Wollongong - just an idea-

What do you recon

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds good. I have been doing a little work in the recent rain myself.
Please be sensible about what you build. Respect the tracks the way they are, last thing is a whole bunch of new lines that are poorly thought out. Better to spend the time maintaing the tracks we already have.

supermajo1

Likes Dirt
Not a bad idea pat.
you could make a group on facebook with everyone in it as well to organise ride/build days.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am keen, but I suggest getting a ride day going to discuss some ideas out on the tracks. It is probably not the best place to discuss details on here for all to see.