Mt Keira trails

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Meh, just do it. It's a free-for-all most weekends, no one'll notice a couple of extra blokes. I 'spose we can't complain if it ever gets shut down though.

The trails ridden down here are pretty open knowledge now, people just might get a bit uppity if you start tearing up their more private trails.

Lastly, keeping within the law would be a good idea i.e. keep everyone in a proper seat, not sitting in amongst the bikes in the trailer/tray. That'll get your day shut down quicker than anything else.

Sam!!

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

Some mates and i are planning on heading down to Wollongong for the day to ride and have been told that Mt Keira is the spot. We are all down hillers so not too keen walking much but will have a car and trailer for shuttling.

Can people tell me if it is worth the trip, and are the trails hard to find on the Mt Keira look out????

Thanks Guys
nar dont go there,you will get in trouble,the rangers are there all the time and are getting really close to closing all keira down
dont reck it for us gong guys

cheers

Rohan Hammond

Likes Bikes
Thanks Guys

Thanks to all of you that have posted. I will deffinatley be making sure everyone is behaving and following the suggested ideas mentioned above.

We not there to be load just enjoy what all you guys have built up there.
Thanks alot for your efforts.

Sam!!

Likes Dirt
dude im not just saying this for my self really rangers are always there now,so be carefull:confused:

Rohan Hammond

Likes Bikes
Thanks Sam

Hey Sam,

I totally respect what you are saying. i will have to re-think the trip if it is going to put you guys in the Sh#*t. That is the last thing i want to do.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Thread Hijack hear. So it is well known that the rangers want the trails gone. Has anything been doon to try and stop it? I am farily certain that the shop gets the majority of it's business from bikers and wont want the trails gone, has anyone considered asking them to help us riders to keep the trails going?

bodgie

Likes Dirt
Hey, everyone seems to keep whinging about these rangers up there but me and my mates ride there fairly often on the weekends and havnt ever seen any of these rangers about or had any kind of trouble at all. The only people we ever see up there are other riders or occasionally some bush walkers.

dh1

Likes Dirt
if you are scarred bout the rangers then yea talk to the bike stores but iam yet to see any up there. just every1 respect the tracks because they really are very good and make a great weekend and i thank all the guys out there that have put time and effort into them and will do my part in coming them in good condition for everyone

bodgie

Likes Dirt
So when abouts are you heading down. Me and my mates will probably be up there at some stage this weekend so might see you up there.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I'll possibly be going with Rohan on Sat also. We will park around the corner and be quiet. If any locals want to hook up after ridding,we'll do a bit of trail work for you if you want and have tools. We're coming from far away so we won't be regulars,fear not.

McPete

Likes Dirt
What sections of the trails are the rangers on? Are we talking up past the mine, or along the tops on the firetrails?
I've not heard anything about them going down to Possum or such, so that'd be relatively safe.

MasterOfReality

After forever
I have seen rangers a few times in 13 years of riding there, but only ever encountered them once on a trail, and another time we almost got busted by a SCA officer.

Its a simple fact that NPWS and the SCA are far more aware of the level of riding thats going on there now than what they were years ago.

As someone who has grown up in and just moved out of Wollongong 6 months ago, I say keep it discreet and don't stuff it for everyone else.

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey, Mt Keira is a knarly dh course. Just broke my nose, collarbone and possible check bone 2 days ago on the course but it is a mad spot even if i only got back from hospital 2 hours ago

trolleyed

Likes Bikes
hey, Mt Keira is a knarly dh course. Just broke my nose, collarbone and possible check bone 2 days ago on the course but it is a mad spot even if i only got back from hospital 2 hours ago
Which track and where did you manage that? Glad to hear you still like the trail :D

dh1

Likes Dirt
mcpete they are talkin about mt keira not the brokers areas.
i have never seen any ranger and as for tellin people to keep it quiet because rangers locals have just as much chance of screwing it up for everyone. its not like they are just goin to come when some guys from out of town come ot ride

cappa

Likes Bikes
also when people come to keira to ride and you see a bush walker don't get them angry, just act respectfull and be on your way. and if you do see a ranger like i have in the past just be nice and say gooday and they will probably be nice to you and will not do anything.
as mentioned before the rangers do have alot of knowledge of the tracks and they know about all the tracks up at keira and kembla.
remember be sensible, respectfull and don't forget to pinn it.:)