Mt Stanley DH track....

Big Red

Likes Dirt
Steve Bryan sent me some photos of the weekends riding so here they are.

Looks like fun, wouldn't want to hit those rocks though!

Cheers

intense jonoooo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks like a nice rockgarden! :shock: hard to come by some awesome rock gardens which arnt full of cement like thredbo hahaha...

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
yer, natural rock gardens are so sick, like at fellcrag, only seen it in the vid but looks ok, im making
a sick 1 on my new track. but that garden there is sex, nice pics

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its near Beechworth in north east Victoria.
I missed out on this due to injuries! :cry: I should be healed by easter though! :D

SB

Likes Dirt
Have a look at beechworthchaingang.com for more info. They run down hill days with shuttles from time to time.
The track is about 6ks long with about 500mtrs vertical and most is single track.
Top ride!

bazza

look at me
6ks long......gwad! if you have a look at the townsville pics it was tracked by a bike computer at being .9km long. hahahah. ah well, dont forget we have to walk up!

konasaurus

Likes Dirt
9km barron WHAT no wonder i get shitted on the way down and have to sit down all the way hahaha but yeh man that is a real nice garden you got there ...... the townsville old track at Mt Louisa had the most hardcore garden if i can dig up some picks i will post them :twisted:

gravity

Likes Dirt
another pic of the rock garden at Mt Stanley from last year- the Kiwi National DH team had a ride b4 the Oceanias !!

gravity

Likes Dirt
another couple of pics of the rock garden at Mt Stanley from last year- the Kiwi National DH team had a ride there b4 the Oceanias!

gravity

Likes Dirt
more eye candy from Mt Stanley...only this time it's from this year..a week b4 the Nats at Eildon...Justin Havukainen styling it up ! :)

gravity

Likes Dirt
by the way...just to clarify the stats (no offence SB but size matters ! :) - Mt Stanley if u ride the full DH course is 6km long and drops 730m vertical (more than Thredbo and more than Big Hill at Mt Beauty). When we do a DH Fun Day we miss the last 1km of flatter fire road and do the bus pick-up here (a lot easier) making it 600m vert over 5km. Still not bad huh !!

Adi

It's my birthday!
I like that last photo, looks really good! How long does it take you guys to complete that 6km of track? Get more pictures :)!

gravity

Likes Dirt
well our fastest local rider is Michael Kearton (2nd in the U-19 Nats series at the moment) who does the shorter course (5km and 600m vert) in around 7 minutes...and that's flying !! The extra 1km would almost add a minute to that time. Most mortals casually cruise down in 10-15min.

ride_hard199

Likes Dirt
hey barron .... we should get some pics of creek track .. that pretty cool i reckon ...... now just if i could do the hole track on my ht :lol:

Hey guys thanks again for the days riding I had a blast. I'm back in Darwin now but can't wait to get back down south for some seriously fun riding.