Mt Stanley (near Beechworth) DH Shuttle Day - Sun Dec 7, 2008

gravity

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

Just letting you know that we are putting on a DH Shuttle Day at Mt Stanley (near Beechworth in NE Victoria) on Sun Dec 7, 2008. A days shuttling on one of the biggest DH tracks in Oz for $50 which includes lunch and drinks. Spots are very limited because of transport and we cannot reserve a place without your entry and full payment. More details are at- http://www.finishlineevents.com.au/mtstanleydh.html and check out a video clip of riding the Mt Stanley DH- http://www.mtbmovies.com/movies.php?id=228

Cheers, Paul

gravity

Likes Dirt
Looks like a mad track..

How long is it?

Is it open to the public..?

MAD ??? yes
Shuttle Day pickup point track is about 5km long
Yes it is open to the public but it doesn't get ridden very often because the access vehicle track is rough in places and it's a long shuttle (long ride, long shuttle).

Howie66

Likes Dirt
MAD ??? yes
Shuttle Day pickup point track is about 5km long
Yes it is open to the public but it doesn't get ridden very often because the access vehicle track is rough in places and it's a long shuttle (long ride, long shuttle).

I dont mind a long shuttle if theres a long ride waiting for me at the top!!

How long is the turnaround from shuttle pick up/drop off?

gravity

Likes Dirt
I dont mind a long shuttle if theres a long ride waiting for me at the top!!

How long is the turnaround from shuttle pick up/drop off?
Takes around 20-25min to drive from the pickup back up to the start of the DH track

mtb_55

Likes Bikes
yeh paul sounds like it will be be a good day

that new section that we built will be as clean as a whislte by the time this ride day is over!!

gravity

Likes Dirt
Good to see entries have started coming in already. Remember, you have been warned, numbers are very limited and it's first in best dressed....or should that be first in gets the sweetest ride day ! :)

gravity

Likes Dirt
Just a quick reminder guys...it's a little over 3 weeks now until the Mt Stanley Downhill Shuttle Day on Sunday December 7, 2008....places are still available but limited. You can't register on the day due to limited transport. A sweet days shuttling with a BBQ lunch included for $50. Cheers, Paul

Last edited:

gravity

Likes Dirt
Only a week and a half to go guys. A number of you have registered your interest but not paid. Remember, spots are limited and it's first in best dressed. Once you send in your entry and make payment your spot is secured. Some spots are secured but a bunch of others aren't secured yet. Just thought I'd let you all know. Hate for someone to miss out for the wrong reason. Remember....it's a 5km course riding DH...bring it on !!

gbar

Likes Bikes
After reading the linked info Just what exactly does strong intermediate skills mean? Can't see the video at work, Haven't ridden Beauty or Thredbo but spend a bit of time at the You Yangs, Red Hill in Mornington, Kinglake, Narbethong and Granton. Have been to shuttle days at the Yangs and Apollo bay and had a bunch of fun, Is it fucking brutal? 10ft hucks? Am I gonna eat shit? I mean there's good riders then there's fuckin good riders, and I may be neither but I'll get down.

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After reading the linked info Just what exactly does strong intermediate skills mean? Can't see the video at work, Haven't ridden Beauty or Thredbo but spend a bit of time at the You Yangs, Red Hill in Mornington, Kinglake, Narbethong and Granton. Have been to shuttle days at the Yangs and Apollo bay and had a bunch of fun, Is it fucking brutal? 10ft hucks? Am I gonna eat shit? I mean there's good riders then there's fuckin good riders, and I may be neither but I'll get down.
hey man, seriously, dont stress. mt stanley is well worth the drive, love that track. There is nothing that's rediculous, the rock garden is pretty nuts, but many walk it the first few runs. other than that, its just another dh track, with a few faster wide sections and a bit more distance...

S.

ex offender
If you can ride all that stuff, you'll be fine mate.

gravity

Likes Dirt
Exactly.....if you can ride all those tracks ok you're fine. We're just pointing out that the course is not suitable for downhill beginner riders that's all. Sure the rock garden is hard and some choose to walk some of it at first but the rest is fine. No big hucks or massive gaps. It's all good. Cheers, Paul

juzz

Likes Dirt
Its mad long, big rock garden to get thru third of the way down, then hold on for balls speed. Its a fun track..

gravity

Likes Dirt
A couple of spots still left as of today (Wed Dec 3). You need to call Kylie on 03 5728 2789 or mobile 0417 596 614 to secure your spot. Cheers, Paul