MTB SS rear hubs.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know there has been threads on this before, but they are all pretty aincent and I do not desire a Woodman or On One hub...It's 2010 people, new stuff means new thread.

Anyway, chasing a singlespeed rear hub. 135mm spacing. Disc compatible. Sealed bearing. With a driver (11t preferred).

What is everyone running? Reccomendations?

Quite liking the NS Coaster SS Pro...

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ive got a ns rotary for my new dartmoor, but you could also look at the last zak hub comes with 9t, 10t or 11t i think and has a pimpin gold driver:p

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last hubs are designed to run with a 3/32 chain, like pffft. Who wants to run one of those?

Toff

Likes Dirt
Dartmoor K-Drive is also an option - I'm sure Rick can tell you more if you're interested.

As far as the Coaster SS Pro goes, I've been using one for about a year now, works great but it's a little on the heavy side.

-Nathan-

Likes Bikes
If you can hold out a bit longer the 2010 NS Primary is definately worth checking out. Same weight as a rotary at a fraction of the price.
It can run 9,10 and 11 tooth drivers and uses a female axle system which is also a bonus

billy_26

Likes Dirt
you will need to check out the dartmoor k-force. comes in some sweet colours, will take a 11t driver, and there super awesome.

ive had one for like 4months now and i still havent broken it!( and i break shit easily)

ns hubs are eally well made. id recommend the primary as it can take an 11t, its light and the feamle axle is so much better for on the go adjustments

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Profile hubs, they're the way to go. Profile have been making hubs forever, can't fault them. The owner of my local bmx shop has been punishing a profile hub for 11 years and it's still going.

Hope Pro2 trials hubs (48 engagements vs 24 of the normal Pro2) are really nice. Don't know if they can get down to 11t though, might only go to 12t.

If you have the money Chris king. The best.

The hubs from big dirt jump companies are good and cheaper (than the profile and chris king, about the same as the pro2). However; Hope, Profile and Chris king have been making hubs for longer than NS or Last have even been around as a company..

At the end of the day though, it comes down to your wallet.

pascal

Likes Dirt
I have a Halo DJD dirt jumps rear hub on my bike. It comes with an 11t driver (25-11 is good on 26" i reckon) and it seems like a pretty solid hub!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
The run down on the Dartmoor K-drive (was K-force in 2009) is as follows:

A new lightweight singlespeed rear hub from dirt/street use with a new redesigned shape for 2010 featuring a 10tooth driver as standard. 1/8" chain sizing and made from 6061 T6 alloy with a 10mm cromo hollow axle, all running on 4 sealed bearings. 12mm aluminum nuts are used. (a range of colours are available.)

size: 135 mm x 10mm, 36 hole and 32 hole available.

weight: 465g

colours: too many choices. :p